The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally started. Here in Maryland street racing has take off with astounding force. It all started in a certain place, which I will not name for obvious reasons, but for those of you who live in MD and street race I'm sure you know where I am referring to, we call it Metro. There are nearly 100 cars that show up, we park in one parking lot and just sort of mill around looking at all the modifications and talking to possible challengers. Last time I went I counted a total of 50 highly modified cars ranging from brand new corvettes to dual turbo Preludes. The racing has become so frequent now that the local police recieve funding for a program specifically for Metro. Last friday when I went I counted a total of 15 police cars, 11 of them in one parking lot. The other 4 were in front of a super market where all the racers park to inspect each others cars. I think it is safe to say that I have become addicted. I go now every weekend if not to race , then to watch, which I find just as enjoyable. Its so great to see how many other people share the same passion as I do. Every now and then you feel bad when you see a car that is 50 times better than yours but every now and then you see one that you can look at and just nod saying, "Yeah he'd be watching my tail lights". I am curious to know if there is another "metro" in the other states.

·
Honda/Acura AllMotor Guru
831 Posts
Dude, you haven't been around long in the scene, have you .....

Do you know how long people have been going to New Carrolton??

There was a time 3 or 4 years ago where it was THE place to go and throw down some cash and race. No REAL racers even really go there anymore, haven't for a year or two.

Why?? Because all the ricer wannabe's showed up, and with their loud music and stupid peg-leg, one-wheeled burnouts brought all the heat to the area.

·
Old Newbie
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I've been going for awhile I was just referring to the new unfortunate change in metro, it has all sort of milled over to the Freshgo now that the cops damn near have a camp in front of the actual station now.

·
Banned
2,266 Posts
USARMY2LT said:
No I've been going for awhile I was just referring to the new unfortunate change in metro, it has all sort of milled over to the Freshgo now that the cops damn near have a camp in front of the actual station now.
this part of maryland sucks...I rarely see any potential races around here, and hardly ever just stumble upon 2 people racing. The only thing up here is a bunch of ****tard ricers at Barns and Nobles on the pike...I can't stand any of them.

And I heard metro is nothing but ricers now too, with too much heat to witness any races...

what's a typical night at metro like?

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Apparently the new hot spot is at the far west end of River Road. Kinda out in the 'burbs, sounds like the area is still under development, and the cops haven't caught onto it yet.

G

·
just tried my luck in chinatown chicago, and it's pretty much what you guys are describing the metro to be. bunch of civics and integras stuffed with nothing but filters, huge exhausts, indiglos, washer nozzles, and cocky drivers. didn't even bother to stop, just drove right through.

·
Gone but not forgotten
28 Posts
:rolleyes: Metro really isnt worth mentioning anymore. I just started going there early in 2000 and I thought it was a dream come true. It was nonstop racing from 12am to like 4am sometimes on MLK. Everybody would park in the parking lots along MLK and stand by the street to watch the races and it would get packed. I thought it was off da hook there and some friends of mine who had been going there years before that said that it used to get alot better than that. I've seen some good races there in my short time going there. Not just civics and integras I mean I seen some nices up there a few times like vipers,nsx,3000gt vr4, supras,vettes,300z, a few porsche's and a Lotus esprit turbo run against a camaro z28. It's not the same anymore and I went a few times in the last 6 months and I'm seeing almost as many cop cars now than racers.:mad:

METRO IS DEAD:angry2:

·
Nympho
176 Posts
oh i also know of a place in the chicago area (actually my dad and friends know) but he used to take me with his buddies when i was still a little boy.. at the time the fastest thing on the streets were juiced z28's only running 13's... my has technology and avaliability changed :p

but from what i hear.. the place where these guys go to race, is still a hit! i believe its saturday nights or something.. i'll talk to my dad when i get a chance..

dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.