The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right Click, Save As. 21meg Video, 3mins

This Streets of Willow ran clockwise, using the bowl and the skidpad. If you don't like the music, too bad.

I was in the intermediate group (as opposed to the beginner or advanced).

Please be kind and NOT stream the video, it's far easier to just right click and save.

Music: GOB - Paint it black (from Stir of Echoes)

Car: 90 Honda CRX HF

the end title is a joke :)

·
$11K til Pink Slip!
632 Posts
Cool! Thanks!

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Driven ED8 said:
Probably not. i can only do one 3.5hr trip every 3months in my CRX.

Plus, big willow is too fast for my car. My CRX and I do far better with tracks that keep speeds under 100mph.
I saw you get stuck behind that Impreza for a lap or two in that video... :p Streets is terrible for good drivers, 'cause all the noobs with high HP cars think that they're turning in fast with their blasts down the straight. They pull away from you on the straight, but then you're on their ass again by turn 3 or 4.

Does Redline allow passing on the back straight (that ~1/8 section coming out of the bowl headed into the slalom section)?

Why can you only do one 3.5hr trip every 3 months? Is it insured as a "recreational vehicle"?

What camera are you using for the in-car video?

Big Willow isn't that bad. Your CRX has more HP (?) and is definitely more of a track car than mine. You have to try it at least once. I showed up the first time expecting to get smoked (being a high speed , high HP track), and I came out much better than I thought I would.

You'll probably spend most of it in 2nd and 3rd. Most of the time you're averaging about 65-85 mph, and the only times you go north of 100 is coming around Turn 8 and coming down the front straight. I find it's very easy on your brakes (and your car in general)... and if you're smooth, you can catch up to and piss of a lot of high hp cars. The track has numerous nice and wide passing zones, so you won't spend very much time stuck behind people. :D

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
JDM b16a EG6 said:
B16A1 1.6L DOHC VTEC engine ($1200)
S1 cable driven synchromesh transmission
PR3 Mugen Chipped ECU (9500rpm Redline) ($50)
Custom intake ($50)
DC 4-2-1 header ($300)
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator ($50)
Ultraflo 3 chamber muffler ($70)

·
jdm b16a eg6/MeCCaRyDeR
5,827 Posts
if he takes it to 9500 he better hope he has some new valve springs at least...stock ones can only handle up to 8700 and thats only for so long

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PT said:
Does Redline allow passing on the back straight (that ~1/8 section coming out of the bowl headed into the slalom section)?
Sorta :D We weren't suppose to, but we ended up doing it anyways...

oops :)

Why can you only do one 3.5hr trip every 3 months? Is it insured as a "recreational vehicle"?
That and that I can't handle 3.5hr drives in that CRX more than once every 3 months.

What camera are you using for the in-car video?
It's a Sony Digital 8 Cam-corder (TRV430??)

Big Willow isn't that bad. Your CRX has more HP (?) and is definitely more of a track car than mine. ... Most of the time you're averaging about 65-85 mph,...I find it's very easy on your brakes (and your car in general
I have no problems with brakes anymore. The brake pads i ran just rock (not to mention the 4 piston calipers matched with the larger rotor help).

The problem i have is, the car gets really unstable at higher speed...it makes me pretty nervous. Once i get around to revalving my konis and tossing some higher spring rates on there, i'm sure i'll feel more confident, but with the current setup... makes me too nervous.

if he takes it to 9500 he better hope he has some new valve springs at least...stock ones can only handle up to 8700 and thats only for so long
the engine has only seen 9000rpm a few times during an autocross (the gates were spaced odd so i didn't want to upshift). Otherwise, i keep it below 8000rpms. Most people say the stock valve springs are good for MAYBE 8300rpms.

·
jdm b16a eg6/MeCCaRyDeR
5,827 Posts
i had a jdm b16a with mugen chip and my shit pulled hard till like 8600 and felt like it could keep going...but i never took it past 8600...took it to 9000 a few times....scary but fun..lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JDM b16a EG6 said:
i had a jdm b16a with mugen chip and my shit pulled hard till like 8600 and felt like it could keep going...but i never took it past 8600...took it to 9000 a few times....scary but fun..lol
My dyno printout shows the power drops off at 7800rpm and falls quickly after, oh well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts