The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the 95-99 Maxima strut bar in my 98 GLE, and it's rattling like hell. It's touching the top of the engine. I think I am gonna use some washers and material to fix it up, but has anyone else had this problem?

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
there are only a few people that have done that. i think that washers would work to lift it up a little. just make sure you torque it back to 30lbs i think. it'll be fine.

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well everybody told me that the 95-99 Maxima bar should fit, and there are no problems with lining up the bolts or anything. I am gonna play with it a little and see what happens. Regardless of the noise, it does handle substantially tighter, and I got it cheap. I just wondered if anyone had similar noise problems.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I bought the 95-99 Maxima FSTB from ebay, and I tried to put it on my 99 SE... The holes for the bolts fit perfectly, but i couldn't get it on, cause crap from the engine was in the way. If i got one side bolted down, I couldn't even get the other side to touch down completely, since there was crap in the way, anyone have any clues?

Should I use washers/etc to raise it up, or.......?

Update: I checked my Haynes manual, and it's my EGR valve which is getting in the way.

Also, the strut bar doesn't go on the way i'd think. The 'C' braces where you bolt it to the strut bolts only fit one way. The way they fit, make the strut bar be in the 'front' vs every other picture of a strut bar, where they are in the 'back'. (I hope that makes sense)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Where are all the people who have the non-oem ebay version?

And anyone else, people ahve mentioned the washers on the bolts to bring it up, but for some reason that just sounds, ehhhhh to me.

I think I might just get the oem one, but ugh, what do I do with the maxima one I have, except try to sell it myself. ::ugh::

·
8,112 Posts
I have the strut bar from SWAW. A few of the MA Crew here have it also. It's the same as the ebay but I gave SWAW the business.

It work's great and I noticed a difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts