The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pos Performance Pres.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are strut bars worth it???? im thinkin about gettin one how much does it improve the handling over all of the car. and does it help with dropped cars at all?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
unless you're refering to the rear strut tower brace that I have...can't say it's a huge improvement.
Jay

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Erynn29 just purchased the one from http://www.procarparts.com for $25 for her 1st gen. Install was easy. And she's taken the turns like whoa :)

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
djsassan said:
strut bars are a good idea.......cheap mod, helps a little.
i've got the Stillen stb, but i didnt get it until recently so i really couldnt tell a HUGE difference with my Sprints

·
Registered
402 Posts
strut bar for 2nd gen

who makes strut bars for 2nd gens and how much do they cost? i know stillen does but i dont have bank for that.

oh yah how do you use the search??? i type in "strut bar" with and w/o "s and it says bar is too short. odd i'm looking for strut bar.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Re: strut bar for 2nd gen

mauztek said:
who makes strut bars for 2nd gens and how much do they cost? i know stillen does but i dont have bank for that.

oh yah how do you use the search??? i type in "strut bar" with and w/o "s and it says bar is too short. odd i'm looking for strut bar.
You can get the one from Nissan that came as standard equipment on the 00-01 SE/GLE's. Just order it from your local Nissan dealer.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
mrdeucie said:

it came in yesterday:D The only reason I didn't get one of the cheap ones is soley because the stillen one looks better.
LOL me too, the factory stb wasnt enough for me:p

·
Wookin Puh Nub
63 Posts
I got a Stillen one for my 2001. Yeah, it looks better than those other cheap name brands, but it performs TEN TIMES BETTER too. I had some cheap toothpick for a strut bar that cost me $20. Damn thing didn't do squat!!! Swear the bar was so skinny and weak, I bet it was even flexing. Found a few scratch marks on my hood. So in other words, fork out the buck for the Stillen bar. I'd suggest getting ahold of Adam Hume at Stillen. He gave it to me hella cheap, compared to their website.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts