The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Auto Tech
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
this damn strut bolt is given me hell, i couple weeks ago I took the car to a friend's house to get it lowered, but this bolt wont budge! we tried everything except a torch, the damn impact wouldn't even take this thing off...

anyway, i just spent a good 30 minutes bangin at the thing, i stripped a few wrenches and ratchets in the process. i just wanna know, how the hell do i get this thing off??? I soaked it in WD-40, and put a wrench on it, i have this huge 6 ft pipe i was using for a leverage bar, i just keep rounding the wrenches one after another, please help me out, thanks in advance :(

·
Senior Player Hater
263 Posts
Rich and I had a similar problem...the best way to do it is to heat it up with a torch for about one minute(watch out for the break line), and use a flexable wrench..a big one....and twist that sucker off as hard as you can, heat it up every two minutes, so it doesn't get cold.

·
Auto Tech
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:angry2:
well, still no luck after 2 more hours, lets see, thats about a total of 5 hours (all together). The only reason I came inside was because i stripped/rounded all of my wrenches & sockets believe it or not, trust me this bolt is a bitch.

i was reading somewhere on the internet about how to get it off with a torch, it said to heat up the surrounding area with the torch because it will expand which will free up the bolt. If i heat up the bolt, it will expand and get jammed in there even more right? which should i do? :confused:

·
upward spiral
618 Posts
put it together and buy a new car.....

u think urs is bad,, i bought a brand new 2001 altima and had to get a whole new strut assembly just to lower my car, with all the $$ i wasted i coulda been on some GC's.....

btw use the torch, but when we torched min it didnt help.....

·
Topnotch Mechanic
15 Posts
2k1Platinum said:
but we were able to get the bolt off ur talkin about, and i was working with a master tech at a dealership....
Master tech??? Your bro?? I was the one trying to get Ross's shit off the first time. We did everything to get it loose. No luck. Even bent the shit outta it by hitting it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts