The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my nissan dealer the other day and he told me that there was no oem nissan strut tower brace for a 99 alty. I see you guys talking about them from time to time. Can someone help me out with some info on the subject?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I picked up my strut bar from Nissan...It was actually for the 2001 SE...but I asked if it would fit mines and it does and works great. Picked it up for about $100.00

·
Registered
203 Posts
The STB was not offered for the Altima before 2000. The 2000 SE/GLE trim models come with an OEM STB. As already stated, the 2000/2001 OEM STB should still fit of the 98-99 models.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
David Burnette @ 800-251-7278 he will send you one for $55 shipped. Mine is being shipped today for my 98 GLE, with my SE fogs.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Cheapest STB for the 2nd Gens, Stillens is $200. It is thicker and more rigid, but worth the extra $150???

Not to me.

·
421 Posts
I also have a '01 Altima GXE LE and want to get a front strut T.B.
I called 3 dealers here and they all didnt know WTH I was talking about. They couldnt find it in their crash books either.
Stillen = $206.00
DaveB = $55.00 ?

1 Question though,

Who is David Burnette?

:confused:

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
HfdWolfPack said:
1 Question though,

Who is David Burnette?

Friend of .net, defender of the altima, Dave toils to bring you the lowest price on OEM equipment.

His name is Dave.

He works at Nissan.

He wears a cape.

okay all but the last part.

·
421 Posts
He wears a cape
:D

So I just call him out of the blue and say I want to buy a FSTB?

How does he get paid? C.C. , Money order, check?

How about shipping?

All help is appreciated
sorry,
newbie at life?.....no
newbie in Altimas?....yes
:)

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Yea, just call and ask for Dave B.. tell him you're from Altimas.net and order it.. :)

Not sure on payment.. but I'm sure it'd be the same as any other Nissan dealership..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Guess I better get that cape! LOL! And of course, we accept all major credit cards!
Regards, David Burnette, Town North Nissan

·
421 Posts
Thanks

Oh, and a reply from the man himself!:D

IM about to give Dave a call any moment....

Another question...

Is the oem even worth purchasing or should i go with the 200 dollar Stillen.
Is there a big difference?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is there any difference between the oem one, the expesive stillen one and the cheapc ebay one... Please respond, I'm about to bid on one.

·
421 Posts
I talked to some dude @ Stillen last week and he said theres is waaaayyyy better than factoryand that the factory bar is crap:rolleyes:
Well, its not like hes gonna say "they are the same thing, our just has our name etched in it";)

Im not sure if it justifies the $150 though.

I was talkin with my friend and he said "ya get what ya pay for"

But if the Factory one works good enough for occasional 90MPH highway driving, why waste the dough?

So, Is the factory bar just peachy? or do people wish they had gone with the Stillen in the first place?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts