The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
I don't, but if you find one let us know. Definately interested!!

·
Senior Code Monkey
453 Posts
But do you guys really think it'll fit under the hood? Take a look at the space under the hood and tell me that there is room for a strut tower brace.

I know very little about these things, but from what I've seen, it doesn't look like we have enough room for it under the hood.

But I'm hoping that I'm wrong!

Joe :)

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Joseph Lau said:
But do you guys really think it'll fit under the hood? Take a look at the space under the hood and tell me that there is room for a strut tower brace.

I know very little about these things, but from what I've seen, it doesn't look like we have enough room for it under the hood.

But I'm hoping that I'm wrong!

Doesn't Stillen have a 3-point brace for the Maxima in order to clear some things in the engine bay?

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
Ry said:

Doesn't Stillen have a 3-point brace for the Maxima in order to clear some things in the engine bay?
yes, if it won't clear over the engine they can connect at 3rd point.(firewall i believe)

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Considering the fact that the car has an OEM structural reinforcement in the strut tower area that most cars do not have, and the fact that there is not enough clearance for a straight bar between the strut towers anyway, I don't foresee anyone developing a STB for the car that will offer the handling improvements typically realized by STB's. JMO.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Altimat is correct. I did a post months back explaining that the the 3.5's have a stock front strut BRACE. It is behind the tower, not on top of it. It is very large and painted charcoal gray. You can see it behind the intake manifold. Therefore, no need to get another one. I do not know if the 2.5's have this or not.

·
Senior Code Monkey
453 Posts
jvitale said:
Altimat is correct. I did a post months back explaining that the the 3.5's have a stock front strut BRACE. It is behind the tower, not on top of it. It is very large and painted charcoal gray. You can see it behind the intake manifold. Therefore, no need to get another one. I do not know if the 2.5's have this or not.
I'm not that auto-smart so someone would need to explain what the 'tower' is. (unless the tower is the things that represents the location of the two struts under the hood)

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Joseph Lau said:

I'm not that auto-smart so someone would need to explain what the 'tower' is. (unless the tower is the things that represents the location of the two struts under the hood)

Correct, it's just a generic term referring to the reinforced area where the upper strut mount is located.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.