The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got blown front struts and i called diffrent shops for a price and nothing is under $500...for alienment and all..thats jus seems awful high for 2 struts...sheesh..anyone done this them self?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
This is a fairly easy job to do yourself with a spring compressor that you can pick up at auto zone. You will need some big sockets and a breaker bar (unless you have a compressor and impacts in your garage...best $500 we ever spent!)

I have Tokicos on the way from Stillen. Got em for $340 (all 4).

So, if you're getting someone to put em in and alignment, $500 isnt really a bad price, cause Im going to have to get mine aligned too, which will be 50 or 60 bucks. Plus you'll have a good bit of labor. If you change em, go ahead and do all of em at one time.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weed101160 said:
dont buy a sprint compressor. u can go to autozone and rent one for free. well u have to put a deposit down, but u get it back when your done with it.
a man can never have to many tools my friend

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
weed101160 said:
dont buy a sprint compressor. u can go to autozone and rent one for free. well u have to put a deposit down, but u get it back when your done with it.
just to clarify....I didnt say BUY one. I said GET one. If you walk up to the counter and say you need a spring compressor, they'll let you borrow one.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
dont' rent, buy. you're gonna end up doing your springs one day, so just get the real thing. you can always lend it out to other friends (or rent for $1/day). This's just like the one you'll get at kragen, pepboyz, autozone:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3980
this's the one I have:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=43753
And this's expensive and overkill for most of us:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=43168
Jae

·
6,859 Posts
I think that $500 is way too much for that.

$180 Tops for two struts
$80 for alignment.

That would mean they would be charging you $240 just to change the front two struts.

I had all my springs and struts changed out including alignment for $280. I got ripped off so you are too.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mrdeucie said:
I think that $500 is way too much for that.

$180 Tops for two struts
$80 for alignment.

180 for two struts and 80 for alignment but You have to add in the labor cost thats where they get people...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mrdeucie said:
I had all my springs and struts changed out including alignment for $280. I got ripped off so you are too.
I think thats a great price to have someone do all that for 280! springs, struts, and alignment? thats great deal?! what are u talkin about

·
Registered
850 Posts
i still say save your money and dont buy a spring conpressor. youll prob only need one once, maybe twice during the life of your car. go to autozone, give a 40 dollar deposit, and when u bring the tool back, u get your $40 back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts