The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else ever had the transmission stick in 3rd gear after locking up the wheels.....when i slam the brakes it stays in 3rd till i turn off the car and start it back up again, then it works just fine till i do that again... its a 93 gle without abs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just bought the car last week and was trying to figure out if it had abs....probably won't do it again unless i have to but just wondering if it was a sign of something else wrong or and odd "feature"

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Look on the break Master Cylinder. It should say ABS on it if you have it. But since it's a '93 I don't think it does. Mine don't

·
Banned
413 Posts
I have a 93 also mine only does it right from when you start moving shut it down and restart it and it's fine. I've only had it happen 3 or 4 times I say get the trasmission fluid and filter cheecked a replaced if needed I did and the transmission has been performing much better. Sadly the '93s have alot of problems to do with the transmisson becase it's the frist year Nissan made the Altima.

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
1,083 Posts
My sister's 1999 Altima does the same thing too! Weird shit, when i slam on the brakes and tap the gas again, it violently drops to first gear and goes.

I only did it once to see if it had ABS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts