The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Own Joo
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crap Happens

Went to school this morning, come out of class, I have a flat tire and a couple of weeks earlier i did my trunk up so i couldnt get to my spare tire.. I went to the auto shop, filled it up with air and took off to Canadian tire.. The stupid weight inside of the tire broke off and went through the tire.. Got it plugged for free cause they took ****ing forever..

Stupid weight.. =)

·
Registered
494 Posts
So that's where they put the weights on alloy wheels. I learn something new every day... Sorry about what happened.

·
1,322 Posts
its possible to have run over a weight and get it stuck in your tire, but even if there was a weight inside your tire it would just bounce around in there. it wouldnt come through

·
Registered
348 Posts
They put weights on the back on some wheels. My brothers old maxima had them on the back side of the rim. (Aftermarket wheels)

<---------------- now has white SS.:D

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
How do you balance a wheel by putting weights inside the tire? :confused:

The whole point of balancing is to make sure the wheel & tire assembly rotates without wobbling. You'll NEVER see anyone balance a rim, then put the tire on. Most of the weight imbalance comes from the tire.

I think you just got a free tire-plug.

·
Torqueless wonder...
2,586 Posts
cursing in titles wasn't permitted in the first place due to ppl being at work and such... haveta be considerate...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts