The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lite Brite Disposal Tech
1,724 Posts
I just put an HKS exhaust on my friends integra that looks exactly like that. Are you going for the angled muffler? Looks great on the teg and on silvia, but im not sure how it would look on a four door. May as well try it though.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thai is prob referring to me as one of the rice haters. I admit it, but I think that exhaust looks nice. Get rid of the ghetto wing (the Honda dudes would love to have that shopping cart), bring the car up to the height it's supposed to be, or at least close, and put 18's on instead of 22's, and we have a nice looking ride.........

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definatley not worried about having anyone call it rice because it most definatley is, its a Japanese car with a grape fruit shooter. I am gonna get somethingw ith the same diameter as Thai and Tweekers, about 4 inches, there exhausts look great.

It will have that angle in it exactly like that Silvia, so it will be angled up and out, not too much and it will sit flush with the bumper.

As for it looking funny on a 4 door, most the IS300's I see around So-Cal have the same style, so it should be cool, I just want to get some opinions before I buy the muffler and resonator.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
Nick, I love that look. Tell me how much the muffler you decide on is and how much the piping, etc, is. I plan on gettin' rid of my muffler eventually and I really like that angled piping look. I've seen it on a the WRX that the guy at adventon.com has. It looked nice. I wonder how hard it would be to get the piping angled all custom like that. Would it be harder? hmm..... Keep us informed man.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the "grapefruit shooter" on the altys. I opted for the single dual tipped golf ball launchers on mine (3.5").:D

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TweekersAltima said:
Nick, I love that look. Tell me how much the muffler you decide on is and how much the piping, etc, is. I plan on gettin' rid of my muffler eventually and I really like that angled piping look. I've seen it on a the WRX that the guy at adventon.com has. It looked nice. I wonder how hard it would be to get the piping angled all custom like that. Would it be harder? hmm..... Keep us informed man.
Probably gonna be about 300-400 for a catback setup.

That muffler with just a standard muffler to use as a resonator

Thats the plan, if I can find out where I can order it for a good price, I should get it in about a month.

·
Registered
370 Posts
JBL...
If you like the single "cannon", go for
it. I think your approach is correct,
proper setup for complete system,
including muffs. Have you noticed
several of the WRX's running around
town have a single cannon and that car
is smaller than ours. Plus you will have a
better note than a WRX.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i think it will look awesome .. my friend has a heavily modded WRX and his exhaust looks just like that .. it has the perfect angle .. and now that i come to think about it .. im feeling the angled exhaust pipes alot more then i thought i would ..

·
Banned
942 Posts
Altimga8 has a magnaflow setup for a 2.5S

i have installed a magnaflow resonator on my 2.5 w/ the stillen muff and it sounds nice. loud at first but once it broke in, sounded good. i would think magnaflow would not sound rice at all.

and i dont think it'll have the bees in a can sound either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts