The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think is the best single sub/amp combo on the market?

I've decided to just run one amp to a single sub in a ported box...

as I posted a week ago....my brother is doing the same...he run's his xtant amp to his xtant sub and it sounds tight as hell....his sub runs 500rms...he paid $250 for the sub and $350 for the amp...I want to spend a little less to get both mine...sub/amp

ALSO...
What other sub/amp combo's could I run, to beat ...or come close.... to the xtant setup my brother has?

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
what are you perameters? cuz i'd say go with a Soundstream Tarantula and 1 Soundstream SPL 170, one Tarantula mono. Should only run you about $3 grand ;). Personally, I am running one amp, and one speaker. Autotek 800Xi amp mono into one Autotek MX 1522 15" DVC. I really like the sound I get.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
My personal reference would to go with a JL 12w3's and either a JL amp or a Rockford Amp. This would b a good setup i ran 2 JL 12w3 and a 500a2 amp, and it pounded like, hell, then i down sized to 1 12w3 and a 360a2, and damn , it sounded good az hell !!, U can even go wit a 10w3 and a 250a2 , and it will sound good, another setup u could think about , would b Audiobahn makes a real good, I have a friend who has a AUdiobahn dual voice coil 12 600 watts, on a RF power 360a2, and it pounds !!! Tha Audiobahn is more affordable , id have a hard time pickin 1 out !!! JL and Audiobahn r both good subs, u pick , they both sound great !!! But those r my references.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I may go with the Audiobahn AW1505 15" Monster Sub...for $249. Here's the subs specs:

Chrome Plated, Cast Aluminum Basket Machined Chrome Back Plate Extended & Vented Pole Piece Nickel Plated Lug-Lock Terminals Heavy Duty Wooden Gift Case Massive 180 oz. Double Stacked Strontium Magnets Power Handling: 1000 watts R.M.S. Frequency Response: 20Hz - 700Hz Efficiency: 94.8 dB Bolt-Tight Motor Structure PHAT 2" Foam Surround Laminated Glass Fiber Composite/Pulp Cone 3" 4-Layer ASV Voice Coil Dual 2 Ohm 1 Ohm or 4 Ohm Operation.....................

Sounds good to me...I'll probably have to wait a little while before I get an amp to power it

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am running 2 12" rockford punch dvc's model is rfp1212 that is powered by the 800a2 rockford amp...i am selling the two 12's and replacing them with the AW1505....also getting the power acoustic 1200 amp to power it in mono mmmm can you say spl?
just fyi audiobahn is best bang for the buck imo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts