The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got an rf that is 200wrms and an old school rf 200.2 amp pushing it. i tried to search the amp specs, but came up with nothing? all i could come up with were the rockford 200s and 201s amps. those show to put out 50wrms @ 4 ohms per channel, 100 wrms @ 2ohms per channel, and 200wrms @ 4ohms bridged.
well, on the bottom of my amp, it shows that it puts out 100wrms @ 4ohms per channel? doesn't say anything about bridged or 2 ohms rating? i hooked up the sub to one channel, and it bumped pretty hard. so i bridged it, and it bumped 1 1/2 times harder. if i turned it up too loud, it started to cut out? i thought it only cuts out when there's not enough power going to the sub, because i've had that happen before?
if anyone has ever had or can find some specs on this amp, would you enlighten me please?
thanks

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
probably going into thermal protection. if the amp doesnt have bridged load power output on it, its safe to assume it isnt safe to bridge.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought thermal protection is when the on light turns a different color, and the amp turns itself off? as far as the ohm load goes, just like with the rf 200S and 201S model it still takes a 4 ohm load bridged on not bridged? the sub that i have is a 4 ohm sub? the gain control that this amp has, is the one that is set inside the amp, and you need one of those stinkin eyeglass screwdrivers :( well, i finally found one of those screw drivers, and the gains were at 100% so i kicked it down to 50%. my crossover has a subwoofer gain control as well, and i have that set at around 25%. cranked it up, and no more cutting out?
thanks for the help

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just got the phone with the rf tech guy, and he sent me a pdf file of my amp. YAY!!! any way, here's what it says:
continious power per channel @ 2 ohms: 200 watts(said it was under rated)
continious power per channel @ 4ohms: 100 watts(said it was under rated)
dynamic power rating per channel @ 2ohms: 250 watts(said this more closer to the actual power output, but not max)
dynamic power rating per channel @ 4ohms: 150 watts(said this more closer to the actual power output, but not max)
bridged mono dynamic power rating @ 4ohms: 500 watts

does this sound like a decent amp for maybe a 250-350 wrms sub.

i was also thinking of doing away with the whole subwoofer idea, and maybe amping a 6 1/2" sub or cut the hole and mount 2 8" subs in the back. would this be ok? to amp free air speakers that small?

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
a 6.5" isnt a sub, its midbass. 8" is the smallest you can go and get decent subbass. dunno about using an IB setup (it wouldnt be free air) for 8"s, but i dont see why it couldnt be done. also not understanding why you want to go that route. why not sell the amp and sub(s) you have now, and buy a setup that works together? an Alpine Type R and a decent amp to give it 400w RMS would be good, and cheap.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got the amp from a friend, and it seems to put out some "decent" power. i just don't really have the funds to pay for what i "want" :( it seems that it's a bad idea to buy low end crap, and you should save up and buy the good stuff. but with my income, and having to support a family of 4........ not possible. if i were to "save" then i would NEED that money for something important. so i guess i'm just sh!t out of luck then huh :dunno:

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
not if you saved the money with the intent of buying a decent system for it, and not paying for whatever else came up once you had the money saved up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts