The Nissan Club banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
wow i just reread that last post of mine and it makes nooo sense... oh well i'll leave it to confuse ppl that just started reading the thread:). but anyway, i've decided that i want to go w/ a 12" type R dual 2 ohm(SWR-1221D), w/ just a JBL BP300.1. if i want to upgrade, i'll do it all, including the amp.i need to find a site that carries it cheap tho... Ikesound has the 12" type R's for 105 shipped, but they only stock the dual 4's... i emailed them and they told me to call them in 10 days, so we'll see. thanks tho everyone for all your help. now i just have to hit up rthompson for a box:). [peace everbody] Bill

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
SLEEPA,
YOU ARE WRONG. THEY DID MAKE A 2001 MODEL SVC 15. THE NEW ONES ARE ONLY DVC. CALL'D ALPINE.
IF I CAN SELL MY JL'S i WILL BE RUNNING ONE OF THESE SVC 4 OHM 15 IN A 4 CU VENTED BOX.

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
02silver2.5l said:
SLEEPA,
YOU ARE WRONG. THEY DID MAKE A 2001 MODEL SVC 15. THE NEW ONES ARE ONLY DVC. CALL'D ALPINE.
IF I CAN SELL MY JL'S i WILL BE RUNNING ONE OF THESE SVC 4 OHM 15 IN A 4 CU VENTED BOX.
LEARN TO READ MORON.

Originally posted by sleepa
No nonpoint's still right, they don't make a svc 12... Which is what he was saying, not a 15...
I never said they didn't, i looked and saw your link... damn learn to read...

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
lol sorry 02 silver, sleepa's got you on this... he never said that alpine NEVER made a svc type R, but he agreed with what i said in that it wasn't a current model.

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
TL said:
go ahead and get the dual 4.. that's the great thing about the JBL, you get the same output with both versions of subs..
ahh actually the 300.1 only puts out 150x1 at 4 ohms... i think you're thinking of JL and the R.I.P.S. system. or maybe you meant i should run it at 1 ohm?

·
NO LIFE POSTER
1,503 Posts
sleepa said:

LEARN TO READ MORON.
I never said they didn't, i looked and saw your link... damn learn to read...
GET A GRIP :azzhole:
ANY JERK OFF LIKE YOUR SELF CAN TYPE.
LOVE YOUR POS.

NON,
I WOULD GO WITH A SVC 15" TYPE R. IT WILL SLAM IN YOUR CAR.

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i don't want a 15. i want a 12. besides, rthompson is making me a box for a 12 already, so don't bother. plus i don't want to buy somehting that alpine stopped making. maybe there was a reason?... on top of that, it's an old model and prolly not as advanced as the new type R's. so therefore i will buy a 12" dual 2, run off a 300.1, like i said before.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nonpoint585 said:
haha ok i got ya TL. but wouldn't my amp run hotter than if i got the dual 2 and ran it at 2 ohms?
I think you meant the dual two would run at 1 ohm.... yes it will run a little hotter at 1 ohm than two.

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
damn now i'm confused. happens alot on this part of the site, lol. but anyway i thought that the dual four could run at only 1,4,8, or 16, and the 2 could run at only 2, 6, 10 an so on. i dunno that's just kinda what i gathered. can somebody break it down for me?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
when you have a dual 2 ohm, you can wire it in series for a 4 ohm load of in parallel for a 1 ohm load, or you can use just one coil (for 2 ohm) and short, open or use a variable resistor across the other coil to adjust the Q of the woofer, but if you do this you can only put about 2/3 of the power to the sub because one coil can't dissipate the heat that both combined are supposed to.

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
hmm i understood that up until "short,open, or use a variable....." i know i sound like a 8 year old who's still in kindergarten, but i'm 17 and i JUST started getting into car audio when i got my car, so i really don't know anything about this stuff. thanks for clearing that up tho ron, i thought the dual 4 was teh one that could be wired to 1 or 4. so if it's not, that means i can wire a dual 4 to 2 ohms then right? btw, that money order is on it's way tomorrow, i just got my paycheck. [peace] Bill

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yep, just get the dual 4 ohm version to match that amp. Unless you have specific system goals, all you have to do is make the right enclosure and get the right amp for a given sub. The trade offs for using a single coil on a sub are substantial, and most think it is not worth it, but if you can not buy a different sub, need to use a less than ideal enclosure, and don't mind taking the hit in power handling and the decreased eficiency, then it is an option, but if you have the right amp and have an enclosure designed for the normal operation of the sub, don't worry about it:)

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
okay thanks. well you're making the enclosure anyway rthompson, so one less thing to worry bout for me right? lol thanks . i'm out for tonight, i'm tired. i think i'm gonna order the sub/amp tomorrow. [peace and goodnight]Bill

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey a fellow 17 year old. I just got the type r 1241 and it sounds pretty good. I'm probably gonna pick up another one soon.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts