The Nissan Club banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
VQ'D Sleeper
337 Posts
Anyone have pics of the parts replaced in the recall. I have a couple very rusted rear bushings but of course my car is not a part of the recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CALL ME at team nissan vineland nj

Rob Lewis
Parts and service director

I do about 100 a month. you will have zero problems. plus i will algn the front end for free. Other dealers just do the rear as required by the recall. Makes no sense!

Hi Rob,

Is there a service bulletin number for this recall ? I live in Canada and my subframe is rusted right through, yet no recall here and salt is heavily used.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I cannot remember was this for the front subframe or rear?
My 05 was completely rotten last year. (front)
Car rode like new but not sure what was holding the cradle in there. The whole right rear of the cradle was non existent.
I could not bring myself to junk it so I put a subframe in it.
Would have been great if it was part of a recall

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,663 Posts
It was for the rear-subframe...remember having it done...long time ago on my '03. I believe it was only for cars in the 'salt belt'.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
That is correct....^^^ Which is BS.....faulty metal is faulty metal.....I undercoated my 02 when I got it...it was still like new when smashed in 2011. I am in salt belt and the recall was not done on mine.

·
5,663 Posts
Hey WW, it wasn't the metal that rotted...that subframe was solid aluminum! It was the steel bushings that the mounting bolts went through that would corrode against the bolts making them impossible to remove.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
Hey WW, it wasn't the metal that rotted...that subframe was solid aluminum! It was the steel bushings that the mounting bolts went through that would corrode against the bolts making them impossible to remove.
Oh wow....Was there not a very similar recall on the floor boards too?? I know those rotted to shittt….Mine were good....man, that is scary!!

·
5,663 Posts
LOL...the Holy Floorboards...yep...had mine welded (passenger hole big enough you could put a foot through and Flintstone in it if you wanted). No recall that I remember...or if there was, it was long after I'd renovated mine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lol. Both of our Altimas had huge rot hole in the floorboard.
Completely solid and like new around it but you could put your foot right through. Thank god for the mats eh.
I plated both of them.
No Rear subframe recall on either of mine that I know and I live in the Salt belt.
Member is Aluminum on both. Good luck ever getting it out though

41 - 51 of 51 Posts