The Nissan Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 2 kaption 12's blasting the trunk of my 95 alty since about august, just recently i've noticed that anything and everything that goes into my trunk comes out soaking wet!, I've come to the conclusion that the subs have loosened up my trunk and is letting in moisture which is causing everything to get wet, but i'm not positive, does anyone else have this problem or if not know what the problem actually is if its not what I think it is, and last but not least, how to fix the problem cause IT SUCKS!!!!!! even the box for my subs is getting wet, and i gotta fix it fast cause the wood from the box is gonna start to rot if i don't!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Do you have clear tails??? If you do then I am just about 100% positive that is what it is...:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Slide up in the altima...
105 Posts
Mos def the tails, i had the same problem a few months ago...seal them up real good and u r set......my whole friggin spare tire area was almost full before i noticed...dammit

·
Banned
161 Posts
There's a forum somewhere around here about the clear tail lights having a gap I beleive on the left side taillight, check it out, that's most likely what's wrong.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i dont know i dont have clear tail lights but i had the same prob.check the rubbber seal on the trunk that was my prob i just used clear silicone to caulk the seal shut or if it is in bad shape you may just have to buy a new seal

AND 2 Months Later we've finally got an answer here folks....

·
7,208 Posts
Neegra said:

water got in my trunk through a hole where the box was screwed down. it warped the board that covers the spare:rolleyes: its now sealed and there is no more water
Oh yeah well that guy's name is still hideous.

·
was up
2,392 Posts
mrdeucie said:

Weren't you referring to the two holes in the spare wheel well though:rolleyes:

guess you didnt get my smilie. thats why i wrote it at the top and then spaced down. like haha, funny funny....those holes are meant to be there, im sure they dont let in water. and if it did, it wouldnt wet the trunk, it would stay in the well.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.