The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
stick shifter.
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a newbie, just look like one...

Anyways, I'm thinking of getting two 8" MTX 8000's for my alty, and I've come up with a pretty unique way of installing them, yet I don't know if it'll work. That's where you all come in. Let me know if this can be done or not.

If you open up the trunk there is a gap between the wheels and the back of the trunk, right? I want to put one on each side (custom molded in, of course) angled towards the rear seats. I don't really know how to explain it much better, if anybody has input on this setup let me know...If nobody can understand what I'm talking about then say so and I'll try to make it more clear. Thanks.

·
Singing Crack Rabbit
95 Posts
Well, there's an access panel on either side in there, right? One is for the jack, and the other one goes to the frame of the car.

Similar setup to the custom fit box for the Subarus, right? Extend it out far enough and you could mount an amp on the box too. ;-) They did it with the Scoobies.

·
Haf you seen my baseball?
179 Posts
Only problem would be whether or not there would be enough clearance behind the subs to sound good. I would test different positions and where you face the subs to see which would give you better sound and then custom mold it around that.

·
stick shifter.
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i know i should have them facing towards the back, that's the way my 10" is right now. But i want to try and break away from the standard "dual-12"-staring-at-you-when-you-open-the-trunk" deal. I still use my trunk to carry lots of things so I still need a fair amount of space back there.

D

·
0 Posts
I know what you mean. Sound like a cool idea if you can figure out how to do it. I have 2-12" 8000's in my car. They are facing each other on either side of the pass-thru in the back seat. It works very well for. It's up on www.audioaltima.com if you want to look.

Demmy

·
stick shifter.
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I've seen your setup. It's killer! I want to do something like that, something original...
Did you build it yourself or get an install done?

D

·
0 Posts
My boyfriend designed and built it for me, with my help ofcourse :)

Demmy

D

·
0 Posts
Sorry... been out of town. Yes it sounds awesome and hits hard. Not sure how hard yet... I may DB Drag it next month to find out. And yes, it is ported thru the rear seat arm rest. I have the box sealed to the cab as best we can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts