40 Posts
AudioAltima said:
Give us some more info:

Music Type

Space restrictions you may have

Price Range

Amplifier Budget

etc...

This will be helpful in getting suggestions. You can do better for $200.

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
candyman99c said:
wana know if Planet Audio BIG BANG 15" SUBWOOFER any good ??
Ah what?!?!?!?!

Ummm link please...

But initially I will say NO. I want more info before I can give you a solid answer. RF and JL are the big name speakers I would go with.

TL has some awesome subs I would consider buying, if I had the cash.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know of the "Big Bang" model, so, if it is an entry level sub for any brand, its gonna be kinda dumpy...like Best Buy's sony or RF subs, they are generic ones. I have heard a few Planet Audio things, and they sounded Ok, there is a shop around here that pretty much sells only Planet Audio speakers and amps...there amps ive heard are decent, but, I don't know about their subs, again, if its an entry level..the name doesnt really matter, its probably still gonna be crap...if possible...see if you can hear it before you buy (at a shop in your area or something).

Josh

·
On the Job
239 Posts
"Digital Designs" It's not for the faint of heart.

CAUTION: I claim no responsibility for those purchasing these woofers (especially the 9500 series) and having the result of hearing loss occur while pumping these bad ass subs. :D :D :D

·
Korner Kutter
40 Posts
JBL 600.1 $188
JBL 1200.1 $263
Kicker 10L7 $179
Kicker 12L7 $215

"scala1" on ebay.

I have never seen anyone beat their prices and selection!

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you get the JBL 600.1 (from Scala1) and a tempest ($150 shipped from the soundillusions.net online store) you won't find anything that can beat that combination of SQ and SPL for that price PERIOD!!! and then add another Tempest if you decide that your ears just aren't bleeding enough.

·
Korner Kutter
40 Posts
rthompson said:
If you get the JBL 600.1 (from Scala1) and a tempest ($150 shipped from the soundillusions.net online store) you won't find anything that can beat that combination of SQ and SPL for that price PERIOD!!! and then add another Tempest if you decide that your ears just aren't bleeding enough.

I've heard good things about the Tempest and Shiva. Isn't the company named Adire Audio? I just wish that I could hear them!

·
Registered
75 Posts
CLE_NastyNupe said:
JBL 600.1 $188
JBL 1200.1 $263

"scala1" on ebay.

I have never seen anyone beat their prices and selection!
I just bought a JBL 600.1 from scala1. That is a great amp. For the money I dont think that much can beat that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.