The Nissan Club banner

Were you able to get new headlight assemblies for free or get reimbursed after the settlement?

• Yes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Approved but waiting for replacements or reimbursement

Votes: 5 26.3%
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is only what I asked for. That was the exact cost of the assemblies from carid.com. I installed them myself, so there was no charge for labor. They also don't pay for the bulbs. So, there was nothing else for them to reimburse me for.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It is only what I asked for. That was the exact cost of the assemblies from carid.com. I installed them myself, so there was no charge for labor. They also don't pay for the bulbs. So, there was nothing else for them to reimburse me for.
It's great news that you were reimbursed. Meanwhile, I continue to wait for replacement assemblies to arrive at my stealership. I called them last Saturday and still no telling when they would arrive. They did say they have replaced them on a couple other Altimas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Received reimbursement check in todays mail (6/27/22)! Check in the amount of $584.90. That was for the purchase and installation of 2 OEM headlight assemblies for my 2013 Altima SL. I am the original owner. I got a great deal for new OEM assemblies from a Nissan dealership in Texas and had a local Michigan repair shop install them for $125! Anyways it was a nice surprise as I never received any notice that I would be awarded a settlement other than a confirmation number from my online filing claim. Happy Days!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Another Nissan miracle! Congrats Lini. If you or kdstew3 had originally voted as approved but waiting, would you mind changing your vote to yes? Are you able to? Have you already done so?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Received reimbursement check in todays mail (6/27/22)! Check in the amount of $584.90. That was for the purchase and installation of 2 OEM headlight assemblies for my 2013 Altima SL. I am the original owner. I got a great deal for new OEM assemblies from a Nissan dealership in Texas and had a local Michigan repair shop install them for $125! Anyways it was a nice surprise as I never received any notice that I would be awarded a settlement other than a confirmation number from my online filing claim. Happy Days!
How did they know how much to reimburse you , I have a claim number but was hoping Nissan would fix them but they said I passed there so called inspection??

·
Registered
18 Posts
How did they know how much to reimburse you , I have a claim number but was hoping Nissan would fix them but they said I passed there so called inspection??
I submitted electronic copies of my invoices for the purchase of OEM headlight assemblies and the labor to install them. It was all part of the claim I filed online in support of the class action suit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another Nissan miracle! Congrats Lini. If you or kdstew3 had originally voted as approved but waiting, would you mind changing your vote to yes? Are you able to? Have you already done so?
My original vote was “yes” as I only saw that poll after I had received my check. It was a long wait but they covered 100% of costs I incurred. Of interest the new OEM headlight assemblies i purchased came with all new bulbs that had to be installed. I found this deal be using the internet to price the specific part number I needed. Surprisingly, part prices varied significantly by dealership. Some had special sales. Some included headlights and some did not. Called dealership and purchased over the phone. Received parts within a week. Invoice included a $25 shipping charge which I subsequently got reimbursed for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally had a day off from work and I took my 2015 Altima to Ted Russell Nissan here in Knoxville TN today. I told them I had a claim in the class action headlight lawsuit and that I wanted them to order new headlight buckets. I gave them my claim number. The service manager turned on my lights, looked at them and agreed that they are very dim, that was all there was to the test. It took him maybe 30 seconds. I was told that supply chain issues still might make it take as long as two months to get the parts. But I have beat the deadline of September 23rd for out-of-warranty free replacements.

Now, I wait. :whistle:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I finally had a day off from work and I took my 2015 Altima to Ted Russell Nissan here in Knoxville TN today. I told them I had a claim in the class action headlight lawsuit and that I wanted them to order new headlight buckets. I gave them my claim number. The service manager turned on my lights, looked at them and agreed that they are very dim, that was all there was to the test. It took him maybe 30 seconds. I was told that supply chain issues still might make it take as long as two months to get the parts. But I have beat the deadline of September 23rd for out-of-warranty free replacements.

Now, I wait. :whistle:
More than two months pal. On July 12, it will be three months I've been waiting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my dim headlights tested at Nissan dealer who said they were okay and would not replace them. Is there any alternative? A way to get second opinion? Nissan would that my headlights were tested at dealership.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Not much you can do calcae once a stealership tests the headlights and considers them a pass. I've been waiting four months as of today for my replacement headlight assemblies. If I don't get them before the end of October I'm going to install the assemblies I bought from Rock Auto. I won't drive another winter with the dim headlights I have now.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I ordered by replacement headlights last year from 1A Auto. I filed the paperwork for the settlement before the deadline and did get my check for the amount I paid for the headlights. I did the replacement myself last week. Took about two hours.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
I called my stealership yesterday. They still can't give me an estimate of when the replacement headlight assemblies will be coming in for my car after 4.5 months. So, for now, I'm going to install the Dorman assemblies I bought four months ago. The service guy said there are hundreds of owners waiting. I asked 'at your dealership?' He admitted that no not that many there but there are hundreds of owners waiting for them. Thanks for nothing Nissan. I will not be buying another one of your 'fine' vehicles ever again.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts