The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
We just bought our soon a 2013 Sentra, and we were only given 1 key.
I imagine that the dealer will charge $150+ for it, so I've looked online and found a few places (replacemyremote.com, carandtruckremotes.com).

Has anyone had to get a backup or replacement key? Where did you get it?

Or perhaps I can just get a copy of the metal key that opens the door in the case that the original keyfob is left inside. This would be a cheaper solution, right?

Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
Do you have a fob? Keyless entry push button start? If you do there's no way to lock the key inside the car automatically unlocks and beeps. Idk why this forum is dead for sentras no ones seems to respond. I don't know of any good places but if I come a cross one I'll post it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
yes, it has a push button start with a keyfob, and I know that it won't lock. The car is driven by an 18 year-old that will probably lose the key within 3 months; that's why I was looking to keep a spare set at home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just did a search on Ebay motors and there look to be lots of replacement key fobs in the $50 range. Just a question of how much the dealer would charge to reprogram.

I really like the keyless and push button, but the key fob is made of such cheap plastic it defenitely feels like it would break easy if dropped from too far a height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts