The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is coming up here at chitown but anyways

gas is going up B****** 1.71/g??????? Regular?? 9/10

I going to put in an intake does it effect the gas mileage?

and also I need ideas on how to improve the gas mileage

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
Peterson said:
Best sig ever.
:lol::lol::lol:

Flame1, you need to put the URL of the image you're trying to link to between the tags - and the end tag needs a slash before the "IMG" - like {/IMG} ... (but with brackets around it instead of curly-braces of course)

Gas prices are nuts here too... but still about $.20/gal. cheaper than you. Make sure your car is running well (tune-up?), tires are inflated properly, and just take it easy with your right foot. Set the cruise at the speed limit on the hwy. That's about all you can do. I get 30-31 MPG with mostly hwy driving.

Those of you who've modded a good bit: How much MPG improvement (if any) did you get with intake/exhaust mods? ...and please don't tell me in terms of "miles per tank". (stay out of it AsleepAltima! :D ) If you can't tell me in MPG, then thanks, but never mind.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
GTR500R said:
Damn $1.80 I am sitting here bitching about paying $1.49 I think our super unleaded is at $1.63..........
HA, got you beat. Premium here is like $1.89. Reg is about $1.69

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
Poe99SE said:

Those of you who've modded a good bit: How much MPG improvement (if any) did you get with intake/exhaust mods?
haha...funny thing is you never know....cause you always drive your car harder and faster as you do more and more mods...:D

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
nokeone said:
haha...funny thing is you never know....cause you always drive your car harder and faster as you do more and more mods...:D
:D Yeah... I know how that is. I've been through the whole mod thing before with my last car. That's why I'm trying to keep the Altima stock. The mod slope is a slippery one! I'd be tempted to do some intake/exhaust mods though if I thought I'd recoup the cost by getting significantly better MPG. Of course, I wouldn't complain about the extra power either ;)

·
4,020 Posts
$1.80 is regular here, premium is $1.95...actually there was an article in the paper complaining about it, and that there is some rumors to the fact that Mobil Oil Corp is increasing their prices to increase profits. The article did agree that yes there has been an increase on gas due to the strike in Venezuela and the uncertainty of war, but insider information states they just are increasing without full justification. And as Mobil increases their prices, so do other companies, and thus the domino effect occurs. There are some stations here that don't even put up the last number of their prices in their gas because it keeps changing, daily!!

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
Poe99SE said:
...and please don't tell me in terms of "miles per tank". (stay out of it AsleepAltima! :D ) If you can't tell me in MPG, then thanks, but never mind.
haha! :flipbird: ANYWAYS, lol MY mileage per GALLON, went from 23 to about 29, unless of course i drove like an asshole, then it hovered around 25-26... all the mods were worth that much gain imo. better? lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts