The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Poor
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone who has ordered a universal catalytic converter from summit racing.. would you be able to tell me what part it is for the 1st gen? or what the stock piping measurement is so i could figure it out? thanx in advance.

·
autocross king
422 Posts
i beleive that the stock piping is 1 7/8. im pretty sure that's what my mechanic told me and that is what i have read on hear. if i could find my hane's i'd see if i could look it up. but im pretty sure it's 1 7/8. hope this helps.

jack

·
enlarged member
417 Posts
I would go to a good performance muffler shop and get a high-flow converter from them, they will usually cut you a break on installation.

1 7/8 inch pipe is an odd size. Most muffler shops stock pipes in 1/4 inch increments (ie - 1 3/4 inch, 2 inch, 2 1/4 inch, etc.)

I am about to take my car to a local shop that services high-performance cars (mostly V-8 RWD...), but they understand exhaust.

My recommendation would be a larger-diameter converter anyway (ie - 2 1/4 inch inlet and outlet), which should flow better. Any competent shop can create an adaptor to fit it.

·
Banned
1 Posts
ok, Travis, for the muffler, you will probably want to change the piping from the cat back to 2.25" so the cat should be around that size. A good muffler shop should be able to fix the size of the piping, no prob. The only thing on ordering the cat, if I were to order one, is what is the length of the cat, dimension-wise.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Save ur money and straight pipe it;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts