The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
enthusiast and consultant
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the hyper ground system from Sun Auto. And I'm looking over the instructions and I'm trying to figure out what some of the instructions mean.
"when threading through the hole, coduct water- proof sealing., If not it may cause water leak and damage electrical parts."
Where exactly does it thread?!?!
Anyone have the hyper ground system for their car that can help me?

·
All Motor
157 Posts
They mean if you put the wire through any metal like a firewall where the wire can short on the chassis put silicone or a rubber grommet around it. I didn't and I blew a Fuel pump fuse while going 65 mph.

·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid 107 all together. They're the Sun Auto Hyper wires. The ones they sell in Japan are the hot earth wires. I saw these advertised in option in 01', and import tuner a couple months back.
Thanks for the advice.

·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still lost though. Put rubber sealant around the connectors, after I tighten them? or what? I'm close to just calling motorsport to figure this crap out.
I don't understand what you mean by around it.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
around the part that goes thru the firewall, so the sharp edge doesnt cut thru and cause a short........

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
SolacE said:
Yeah you wouldnt want to ground out your ground wires.....hahaha
lol.........i wasnt thinkin............
i was explaining this............
miked808 said:
They mean if you put the wire through any metal like a firewall where the wire can short on the chassis put silicone or a rubber grommet around it. I didn't and I blew a Fuel pump fuse while going 65 mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts