The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a creaking noise in their sunroof when going over curves or speed bumps? Whenever there is a twisting strain on the body, you can hear the sunroof make a creaking noise when it shifts slightly on the sunroof seals. For a new body design, it sure has a lot of flex for the sunroof to be shifting that much.

3.5 SE

·
Worship Me !!!
82 Posts
Do yo uhave a deflector? if so there might be some leaves or dirt caught underneath it

·
Registered
95 Posts
OH man .... I feel for you. Your problem sounds just like mine did.

There is a support bracket behind the sun roof - that runs parallel to the roof - drivers side to passenger side - it needs to be taken down and padded. GOOD LUCK. Took the dealer 6 hours of labor to fix mine.

Do a search for sunroof rattle ...... I have a few threads on it.

A Corporate Nissan Tech came out to do the job!

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31255&highlight=sunroof+rattle

·
Kingpin
122 Posts
Creaking noise

I have the same problem and I don't have the deflector.

It's more of a body flex creaking noise, the kinda noise you can only hear when the body is under stress. I get the noise daily when pulling out of my driveway.

The dealer told me that every new Altima with a sunroof has this noise. It's just the body flexing due to the lack of support up there.

Thanks for the good word for the repair javentre!!
I will head down to the dealer soon to have the brace stiffened up with the implant!:p

·
Kingpin
122 Posts
javentre said:
if the stealer give you any shit - tell them that Browns Sterling Nissan in Viriginia has worked with Corporate Nissan to fix the problem before - and they should do the same.
Good looking out:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.