The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had one of these put in??? Ever had any probs?? How much did you pay?? U think its worth it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
out here in jersey the manuel one cost : 389
and the one elect. that pops up and out is : 756
and the one that slides into ur headliner is : 995

·
Registered
14 Posts
if I doing something for the car it's got to be the best no half a$$ing baby. make sure you get a life time warrt.

·
Banned
1 Posts
getting one that slides over the roof for $300 installed....it pays to know a hookup......not gonna do it until the winter though, cuz of the $$ prob

·
Banned
865 Posts
my dealership put one when I bought my car and it's one of the asc ones, some of my friends got them put in too. I think asc ones are the best. You can mount the controls anywhere in the car like one of my friends had them mount the controls next to the steering wheel. It opens and closes on it's own when you turn of your car. Where do you live? Cause I know some people in the southern states say it's a waste of money because it's so hot they use their a/c all the time. But for the MN weather I always have it open when it's not raining, snowing or hailing.

·
ROLL TIDE
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in AL..but am going to college at the University of Alabama...near birmingham......it has cold winter and how summers but nice falls..what are someother brands

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
i wanna get a moon roof, the item its self isnt that expensive, but the labor is like 400$$$$$$$$ (I worked at a car stero place)
http://www.nvo.com/summitsound :D :D

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I got mine moon roof (spoiler style) installed for $580 w/o a hook up. Definetley worth it. My only prob is it only slides half way back, which is they way it's suppose to be, but i didnt know that. Kinda hard to change your mind once its in your car! :)

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
I don't like aftermarket sunroofs because you won't have the drain gutter and holes like from the factory.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
mstan2000 said:

What are drain gutters and holes
Sunroofs are not 100% leak proof. Water does eventually seep in. When you get a sunroof from the factory, there's a gutter that captures water. And the water is drained out through the roof pillars.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Put the $$$$ towards something else that will make your car look or run better, not something you have to worry about if it's gonna leak or not!:D

·
Registered
788 Posts
I installed a pop up sun roof in my Camino SS around 8 years ago.I like it. I have never leaked a drop. If you do a good job putting it in you should never have problems. It was less than a 100.00 when I got it. I am thinking of putting one in my alty also.

·
Registered
143 Posts
8 years old, and never leaked, kool! You need to install them for alty owners and make some $$$$.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts