The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I open my sunroof I have to hold the button down until I get the desired amount of opening needed (or every time I want to close it); Now this is OK if your car is not moving, but what if you wanna close your roof while you are driving, its kinda hard to focus on the road and get the sunroof to seal right (so there is no noise); is that the way our sunroof works? Because in my previous car (celica GTS), all you have to do is push the button once. Your response is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,804 Posts
Roof

That's how mine works.............pain in the ass! I was thinking the same thing the other day.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Break into the sunroof and install a replacement switch. Replace the momentary close (works only when you hold the button down) with a toggle (press once to close, press again to open). Of course it would be smart to put a little kill switch at the closed position (if there isn't one there already) to open the "close" circuit in case you forget to turn off the close switch. Better yet would be a switch that would automatically open with a relay signal from the "closed" sensor.

Just an idea. Proceed at your own risk.

OpalBlue

·
Registered
45 Posts
OpalBlue said:
Break into the sunroof and install a replacement switch. Replace the momentary close (works only when you hold the button down) with a toggle (press once to close, press again to open). Of course it would be smart to put a little kill switch at the closed position (if there isn't one there already) to open the "close" circuit in case you forget to turn off the close switch. Better yet would be a switch that would automatically open with a relay signal from the "closed" sensor.

Just an idea. Proceed at your own risk.

OpalBlue
What????????? Your not supposed to eat the potato after you take it out of the exhaust. :D

William

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.