The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all who have a 2k2 altima with the moonroof, has anyone noticed a whistling at speeds above 50mph. I have noticed this and a some strange wind noises when it it very windy outside.

·
My little champion...
2,388 Posts
Whistling noise...

I have the Sunroof Wind Deflector, and haven't noticed any noise even with the sunroof completely open and driving at or around 80MPH. I did however get an intense air full yesterday while hitting 85+MPH because I left one of the rear windows SLIGHTLY open - HIGH PITCHED WHISTLE...

Do you just have the regular sunroof without the wind deflector?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I have the wind deflector. My noise is only when the roof is closed. It makes a whistling noise.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Totally silent when closed with deflector. Check the fit of your deflector to the roof. Try taping the seam to see if that eliminates it if you see a gap somewhere.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I was going to say that without the deflector, the aerodynamics of the car has the wind breaking over the roof right at the sunroof. Therefore you are going to get alot of wind noise.

BUT I READ ON that you do have the wind deflector.

Sounds to me that the seal on your sun roof is not quite sealed. I would try opening it a little bit and re-closing it, or tilting it up and then back down closed.

I don't have the wind deflector and I hear alot of wind noise when I have the sun shade part pulled back and I can see the glass. But, when I close that, it blocks out the sound and is very quiet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a problem with whistling from the sunroom shortly after purchasing my 2002 Altima. Took it in and the service made the necessary adjustments to make the sunroof close tighter. Problem solved. The service writer claimed it was a fairly common complaint.

·
Strong Soulja
32 Posts
jsut get it checked out i'm sure it's a minor problem.... i havent had any problems w/my moonroof...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts