The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i dont get rid of my altima, i was wondering if it is ok to put a pop up sunroof in it? it does not have one now, but i would like to get one. will these leak at all? Is there anything i should know first? How much $$$$?

·
Torqueless wonder...
737 Posts
most likely about $800 and aftermarket roofs does leak no matter sliding or pop-up... I would suggest wait till u get a new car. I wanted a sunroof so when I got my alty I got one with it...

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
anytime you add something that wasn't there, you run risks..

you have a 50/50 chance that it will come messed up.

best bet is to wait til you get a new car.

·
phi phi Kappa Alpha
590 Posts
I had mine installed aftermarket, it cost 700-800 bucks roughly. It is electronic, slides out over the top of the car. No leaks, looks pretty much stock. What most of you don't know is that a lot of the sun roofs on cars, are put in after the car is there. Most dealers have a place that they send their cars to get sunroofs, it is cheaper for them then buying a new car, and still having that other one on the lot. The guy who did mine, did it for Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, and BMW dealers. I love mine, it has a lifetime warenty against leaking, including full replacement of anything that gets water damaged! SO I say go for it...the pop up ones are only like 300-500 bucks, depending on size. Hope this helps.

·
Resident drunken chef!
389 Posts
I went to the junk yard and got one to put in my old sentra, the guy wanted 40 dollars for it. It wasn't that bad to put in. It did't leak at all, you just have to make sure you seal it right. My freind wanted one after he saw mine so we did his to, turned out great, until he forgot to latch the front back down after he had it out, lost it doing 80 down the highway, he was just lucky there was noone behind him>

·
next car = hybrid
47 Posts
I friend of mine purchased a 2002 Maxima and the dealer installed an after market sun roof.

Pretty nice job, looks professional.

But it is not like a factory installed one. If you start observing you will see that the sun shade is not tight at the back (you can push it up) and when you tilt the sun roof the sun shade can be pushed all to way to the back until it desapears underneath the roof. It shouldn't, because yor fingers can get stucked by chance and it really hurts.

The open, close and tilt buttons are not like the factory installed ones and are to the left hand side of the fron center lights. They should be on the center.

Anyways, it depends how picky you are. I will just buy the car with a factory installed sun roof (I did so last year with my 01 Altime SE)

Regards

·
Rollin' On Jordans
657 Posts
there are a few around here that have done it. i think there have been a few threads about it before. you might have some luck with search.

·
Just another ricer
777 Posts
I have......sorry had a power sunroof in my 96. It was a sliding one that went up and back over the car. Looked factory somewhat except for the fact there was no sunshade thing but it was cool. It never leaked or anything. Only problem I noticed was that basically the roof loses some strength and the body made all kinds of weird noises on bumps and ish...but besides that, loved it!

·
Banned
0 Posts
I had one on my Camry. No probs at all. No leaks, no falling (except from the bass) of the headliner, etc. Very nicely done, at that time I paid regular price $140 installed.

My price now for an electric one over the roof is $275 installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.