The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is there anybody out thats familiar with the Event Log service?

In the process of testing one of the features of software I am working on I disbaled the Event Log service and restarted my system. However now when I set the Event log Service back to Automatic it won't start-up on a reboot, and I cant start it using net start or the SCM.

I already tried copying over a fresh EVENTLOG.dll from a Windows 2000 Advanced Server install CD and that didn't help.

Anybody have any suggestions on how I can get the event log service working again without having to re-ghost the machine?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Buncha a ****ing dumbasses up in this piece 16 views and no replies. "Uh what's the Event Log service Daddy?" :rolleyes:

·
:-)
2,051 Posts
Your talking like all these ppl who view and don't know what it was or didn't have an answer are stupid. YOU don't know how to fix it dumbass. Also remember, your TITLE is Super Nerds Unite, which to me sounds like its going to be a funny, news article, or anything but this. Perhaps you would get less views from ppl who don't know what it is if you said like "Event Log problem!" or even better "Event Log Service not starting at start-up". And what would be BEST is if YOU posted it in the Computer Technical Help forum... I think google.com may be a good starting point too. I already got some stuff that could help you. Just do ""event log" not starting"

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,461 Posts
PIIHBTHM said:
Buncha a ****ing dumbasses up in this piece 16 views and no replies. "Uh what's the Event Log service Daddy?" :rolleyes:
:lol:

Wow, you are dumb! You get 2 views just for posting something. I guarantee most of those views are your stupid ass anyway.

It gets really funny when you can't figure out how to fix your shit, yet you think that makes other people dumb.

:lol:

Hope you enjoyed your stay here, noobie.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why would you disable it in the first place, it doesn't affect performance of the server. try going into safe mode and setting it to automatic.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
iaredam said:
Why would you disable it in the first place, it doesn't affect performance of the server. try going into safe mode and setting it to automatic.
I am disabling it to see how my product will react when it encounters a situation where the event log service is not running.

I just went ahead and re-built the box.

You sword-swallowers need to go buy Windows for Dummies and read it whenever you're not licking your own cum from out your boyfriend's ass.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts