The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats good yall, havent been on in a longtime. But does anyone have any pics or know how the rear installation on a Altima looks when installing coilover. i want to upgrade to D2 rs coilovers... jus need some pics of how coilover are installed on Altima compared to maxima:banghead:dont want to search to see if this forum exist

·
search you n00b!!!
3,546 Posts
if you are gonna sit and wait for someone to link you to the varous threads that have this inforamtion... you could have searched, found it yourself, and been on your merry little way....

but you didn't....

and now you have to listen to me...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do u kno of any or do u kno what it looks like under the rear tire weld are the bults outside the chasis or u i have to bult the suspension up from inside

·
2010 2.5s Sedan
5,141 Posts
Whats good yall, havent been on in a longtime. But does anyone have any pics or know how the rear installation on a Altima looks when installing coilover. i want to upgrade to D2 rs coilovers... jus need some pics of how coilover are installed on Altima compared to maxima:banghead:dont want to search to see if this forum exist
the altima and maxima have an almost identical suspension setup (maybe even exact) you might want to have someone help you who knows what they are doing or bring it to a shop , plus bringing it it a shop that knows what they are doing with coilovers , they can set them up to better balance out your car .

here's a pic of the rear suspension :

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a shop in my area that i use to work at years ago i jus recently help this guy install tein super street coilovers on his Sentra, we thought we had to take the rear suspension bults off from inside the car but the bults are welded in on the chasis itslf i was wondering do the altima have the same setup. N nah altima and maxima have completely two different setups in the rear the spring n shocks are one piece whereby the altima have two shock and spring are seprate. i jus need a pic of how the setup looks we have never really did altima at the shop >>>RPMNYC<<< that is the shops name

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the photo but are the nut located inside or outside the car its way to cold to be looking for that her in NYC...everytime i look for the D2 they show me a pic of coilover but not specified for Altima's i guess they feel ppl dont drop altima. so do u bult ur shock up from in the rear of the car trunk area or from the outside like the sentra's....

·
I'm so old school
1,625 Posts
The rear suspension once seen from underneath is pretty self explanatory if you know what you're doing. Rear spring swap takes about 15-20 minutes. Replacing the rear shocks & springs is about 30-40 mionutes if that. Installing coilovers takes around the same amount of time and involves the same steps.

·
2010 2.5s Sedan
5,141 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks alot Jimnolimit u have def answered my question very my appreciated:woot:. i will go buy get my D2 this week and install. I have a 04 3.5 blk on blk:20% tint all around except front windsheild SER tail lights 8k headlights and foglight switchin to JDM black housing headlight with clear turn signal, and i have 19'' M45 wheels on it as well 245/40/19. next is the 300zx big brake front and 350z rear, with slotted rotors ans axis pads...:shift:

·
2010 2.5s Sedan
5,141 Posts
thanks alot Jimnolimit u have def answered my question very my appreciated:woot:. i will go buy get my D2 this week and install. I have a 04 3.5 blk on blk:20% tint all around except front windsheild SER tail lights 8k headlights and foglight switchin to JDM black housing headlight with clear turn signal, and i have 19'' M45 wheels on it as well 245/40/19. next is the 300zx big brake front and 350z rear, with slotted rotors ans axis pads...:shift:
anytime .

you don't need to do a 300ZX/350Z brake install , IMO , leave your rear brake stock (just change rotors and pads) and get the SE-R/maxima(2004+) front brakes (SE-R/maxima calipers/brackets , SE-R/maxima rotors , pads) , also do a full brake fluid bleed with high temp fluid (motul 600 or ATE blue) .

performance wise , the 300ZX setup is no better than the SE-R/maxima setup , the 300ZX setup just cost a little more and looks a little better , but it won't stop your car any better . just so you know .

should you decide to do a 300ZX brake install , get the iron 300ZX calipers , the aluminum calipers flex under hard braking .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts