The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Once again in a DSM!!
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys I have a questions for the suspension gurus... I had Drop Zone coilover for almost a year on my car and i got rid of them for obvious reasons. Well im now looking for a new suspension set up but i dont have the money for either GC, D-2 or Ksports. So that would leave me with Srings and Struts set up. Now let me ask, what spring is good for performance and give the lowest stance, i know that the Sprints are the lowest but from what i read they are a bit bouncy at times << Can anybody confirm this?

Then I thought about the Intrax, havent read a lot on those, i know the H&R's and Eibachs would be best but they dont go low enough..

Now as far as the Struts, is Tokicos the top one, I know that a lot of people have tried the Sprints, KYB and ST. << What are your opinions about them??

I have to keep the ride fairly confortable since my wife sometimes uses my car and I have 3 babies.

Please help and sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
retired DSM'r said:
I have to keep the ride fairly confortable since my wife sometimes uses my car and I have 3 babies.
Considering I'm in a similar situation, I would suggest eibachs and kyb's. I feel it's a good compromise between comfort and performance. You could also probably get away w/ toks since they are marginally stiffer.

·
Once again in a DSM!!
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about that, but the only thing is that my tires and wheels are a bit small.. im running a 15" rim and a 205/50 tire so i want to cut some of the gap..

·
RIP 6/24/07
1,611 Posts
I have sprints and stocks and yes it can be a bit bouncey once and a while but I have never had anybody else notice or complain.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i run 16's with a similarly small tire. i got the H&R with tokicos, and i love them. Def. little harsher than stock on the bigger bumps, but otherwise ride comfort is good. On the handling side things are really nice :) it stays flat and even in most conditions you ll ever encouter on the street. Tack a a sway bar to that set up, and you can really ripp around corners.

also the H&R's are slightly lower than eibachs, a friedn on mine has eibachs on his altima, you cna see a difference in the heights when they are side by side

-tratpop

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
Do you have a 1st or 2nd gen? The drop on H&R's looks better on a second gen, even though it's the same part number.

There are a couple of people with Intrax who said they had no complaints.

·
Once again in a DSM!!
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not so sure about the Sprint and Toks combo since i keep hearing that they can be bouncy at times. Where I live the streets are not the best..

·
aka BigDirty
41 Posts
Pimpin' on D'Zones and Tok's...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts