The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Something Like A Pimp
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on ebay and saw these struts called springtechs for $199.
I also saw DZ lowering springs for $99. This set up would be in my budget does any one have it? Im still wondering if I should get coilovers or lowering springs. Problem seems that the ride in cars with coilovers is crap(bouncy). I heard springs are firm but thats permanent. The adjustability of coilovers is nice ,but I want a firm ride. :confused:

·
8,112 Posts
My ride is firm. I have Ground Control Coilovers and Toicko struts.

I would'nt get the springtech. They seem to cheap and I never heard of them. Get Toicko or KYB's

If you get coilovers. Ground Control is the only name you should be looking at.

Springs im not to filmilar with, but I know H&R and Eibach are awsome but don't lower your car much. Sprint lower's it more but you dont get as great of handling as H&R and Eibach. Thats all I know.

·
Qµì¢K L£ã®Ñ€r
541 Posts
I will soon have a set up of Tokico struts and Dz springs. Can't wait to put those Blue babies on. Currently i am riding on dz springs with all four stock struts shot to death. Well maybe one survived. lol i feel every bump. and btw dont get those cheap struts get Tocs or kyb. I got my tocs from a guy on ebay for 324 with shipping.

·
Liquid-Ink Venom Kit!
2,307 Posts
D1m said:
I will soon have a set up of Tokico struts and Dz springs. Can't wait to put those Blue babies on. Currently i am riding on dz springs with all four stock struts shot to death. Well maybe one survived. lol i feel every bump. and btw dont get those cheap struts get Tocs or kyb. I got my tocs from a guy on ebay for 324 with shipping.

You are really gona feel every bump with that setup....toks are not for comfort.
:cool:

·
Something Like A Pimp
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This suspension thing is so confusing. I been reading up though and Im thinking KYB and Eilbach or H&R springs ( the set I can find for a good price on ebay). How does this set up sound guys??? I'm getting SE-R Vspec rims. I decided KYB's cause I need some level of comfort I still go on lots of dates .:cool:

·
Registered
326 Posts
TPhelps155 said:
My ride is firm. I have Ground Control Coilovers and Toicko struts.

Hey man....I was doing a search on suspension and one of your posts said your GC's were a "rough ride".....I'm thinking about getting GC's..........so which is it...? Is it firm...or is it rough?

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
It's hard to define "Firm" vs "Rough" because both of those are relative words.

Firm compared to what? :confused:
Rough compared to what? :confused:
Is a race-car suspension firm or rough? :confused:

The way I see it, the only people who complain about GC's being rough or harsh, are the people who get them for lowering the car, and don't realize that GC's are designed to be run at a race-track. Then in their ignorance, they say that GC's are bad springs to get.

Simply put: if you're a ricer/poser, you don't want GC's. They're "rough".

Rough usually implies it's a bad thing, and GC's are in no-way a bad setup. GC's are just a bit too firm for most people because they are more of a track-setup. If you're just after looks but still want GC's, get a lower spring rate than the "stock" kit that they will ship you. When you call to order it, ask for specific spring rates and they will provide.

I believe the "stock" kits currently come with:
350 lb/in fronts.
250 lb/in rears.

Most other spring kits are usually in the high 200's for the fronts, and 200's or less for the rears. So to get the lowering effect of GC's, but to have the ride-softness of other spring kits, I would suggest getting 275/175 or 275/200. But be warned: you run the risk of bottoming out.

I run 375 lb/in fronts and 275 lb/in rears, and I don't bottom out on anything. There are many dips around here that even stock cars have to slow down for, and I don't.

Sorry about the long post. I hope this answers your questions. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts