The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the warm air intake from Southwest Autoworks? How does dyno / compare to other intakes? I can't jusfity spending $200 for another brand when basically it's the same device for $55. Thoughts?

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear i'm gonna gouge(sp?) my eyes out with this fork!!!! LOL!!! did u do a search Murry? if u did and nothin' showed up then good luck to ya....if u didn't....DIE!!!!!!!! :angry2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude...relax. did the searches and was simply asking if anyone HAS the SWA and it it matches up (in their opinion) to other much more expensive units.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
i got it, makes a huge difference for $50, i was going to get a drop in k&n but this is much better, didn't dyno, but the ass test gives it much improvement

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Stock intake is too restrictive, upgrade for $50 and you will be happy, honestly you wont notice the difference between the two unless you strap on the CAI, then downgrade to the SWA, but even then its about 1-3hp depending on your motor. Only otherway you will really notice it is buying the SWA, use it for a week and go back to stock, you can tell the difference. If you areant a hard core racer, the SWA is great, and if you dont have your car in car shows, the SWA is also fine, but if your gonna be showing it off, spend the extra 150 and have a sweet lookin intake like TweekersAltima.

Good Luck and the search button is your friend

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree that it is probably a question of aesthetics. This car wont go into shows ( although I wish) because it is my commuter car. Besides, I've already been bumped 3 times by careless A$$hole'ss doors in the parking lot at my apratment complex (sorry, people piss me off).

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Let's put it this way... Any intake upgraed is better over stock.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/june02/revengeofthenerds1.php

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
granted its not as shiney and purdy lookin as the CAI's but tis not overly bad looking, im still wating for an inexpensive mid pipe to come out, something in a polished alum would be nice.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
GTW00 said:
granted its not as shiney and purdy lookin as the CAI's but tis not overly bad looking, im still wating for an inexpensive mid pipe to come out, something in a polished alum would be nice.

Hey GTW00, how much you looking to spend on a mid pipe, I am going to pick up a 3 inch aluminum tube next week and start a prototype for one. If it turns out too costly, I am just going to make the one for my car, but if I can get them to a good price, I would make a bunch. Also would silver do? Probably be a pain to anodize and throw costs way up.

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
yeah silver would be what i would be looking for, last i talked to alex he mentioned (if they were ever made) that his midpipe would run around $50, to me that seemed reasonable, i haven't talked to him in a while thogh, i should check up on him and if he ever finished them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed the SWA WAI last night, outside with a flash-light in my mouth and in 15°C NJ weather because I'm insane and impatient and have no immediate access to a garage. Currently, I have it fastened to the battery with a zip-tie to reduce vibrations. However, I'll fashion a bracket this weekend out of steel so it doesn't look so ghetto. No pics yet because I installed it last night in the dark.
The ass test proves it really kicks in after 4K nicely..also revs higher for some reason (I have an automatic 3.5SE and it usually shifts lower). Sound is great..not too loud, but not whiney or ricey at all. Overall, I think it kicks a$$ for $55, but like other said...a nice polished mid-pipe would lok so much sweeter.
adio

1 - 18 of 18 Posts