The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can it could be done?... and how much... and who would do it?... cause i already got an 2003 se-r line up alreadly...........no miles yet..... help out!!!

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Why wont you all learn ... Anything can be done with enough time and money !!! As for will it bolt right in ... How would we know !! Get one and let us know if it will swap in !!

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Well I dunno about ANYTHING shawn :D I doubt even with the money a V8 would fit in an Altima. But who knows about the SE-R buy one and find out like SHAWN said.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hes just ASKING! relax and give him support, i know itll cost tho...contemplated a 3.0l in my contour

·
Registered
35 Posts
yah i saw that at the winternationals, a carbed v8 focus rwd, pcked up a brochure, over 6gs for just the suspension and crap, less engine and driveline....everything comes at a cost, i think the 2.5 SE-R is doable though...good luck :)

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
like shawn said all things are doable with lots of $$$, like theres v-8s in couple of 240s, heck if you have enough money you can even buy yourself one of those AWD hyundais they use for rallies. but the thing is do you want to spend all that money?

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Well I honestly don't think our engine bays are big enough to hold a V8 plus with everything else in the bay I doubt it would fit. I haven't seen under the hood of a Focus but if it's like contour (sp?) than I can see how it fit.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I went to a dealer about something else and saw the two diagrams of a 2.5 and our engine and from what I can tell they are very much a like the mounts are exactly in the same place

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
All for 25 hp?

You could attain about that much with I/H/E/Pulley/Advanced timing.

Not worth it.:(

My.02

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
HondaKillah said:
All for 25 hp?

My.02
true, but putting all these mods in a 2.5 will give you a 200hp altima right off the bat

·
Domestic Attitude
232 Posts
HondaKillah said:
All for 25 hp?

My.02
That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread. For all the money that it would cost, put a real motor in there!!

Also 2etardedcontour, I thought that the SVT contours had 3.0L's in them.:confused: If so then it would be no problem to do the swap. I could be wrong though.

·
Audi Quattro AWD owns me.
213 Posts
Yeah! Swap to a 175 HP motor that has little aftermarket support at the current time! Personally, I think it'd have been better if he asked about doin the SR20...at least the HP gain and aftermarket support make it almost sensable to wonder about.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Shaydin said:
Yeah! Swap to a 175 HP motor that has little aftermarket support at the current time! Personally, I think it'd have been better if he asked about doin the SR20...at least the HP gain and aftermarket support make it almost sensable to wonder about.
The QR is a new motor. It's aftermarket is sure to grow as long as Nissan continues to use it in the SE-R Spec V.

But the obviously hasn't put much thought into it.

What transmission would you use?

What would you do about the drive-by-wire system?

·
Registered
35 Posts
the contour, lt1 thunder, is available with the 2.0l i-4 and the 2.5 v-6, the svt has extrude honed intake, and different cams, and is only available with a stick, my auto SE can beat one :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
oh p.s. my friend has a senta se, with the sr20det with intake and exhaust, look for him at the socal meet on thurs...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts