The Nissan Club banner
201 - 220 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can you explain me more specifically where black and purple connect
There seem to be 3 black wires, 1 is for ground and the other one is for the aux signal. Not sure if the 3rd black one is ground or for aux.

The purple is 12v positive and you connect it when the lights turn on, in the center console, if your center console plugs illuminate, then you use a multimeter to figure out which of those receives 12v positive when you turn on the lights (usually its always a purple wire that sends 12v positive to the lights.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also for those DIY people I'll be making an English and español video soon doing the wiring for the carplay radio so everyone can do it themselves, but keep in mind that it's at your own Risk and I'm not responsible if you damage your cluster or ECU because of an improper wiring.
Hello, I have a 2019 Nissan Versa S Plus with the base head unit. Part number is 28021-9EK0A. I would like to upgrade the head unit to a one found in a 2019 Nissan Versa SV. It has a part number of 2591A-5UD0A. I am wandering what it take to do the upgrade without losing any of functions of the Nissan Versa and still gain more features like CarPlay/Android Auto.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello, I have a 2019 Nissan Versa S Plus with the base head unit. Part number is 28021-9EK0A. I would like to upgrade the head unit to a one found in a 2019 Nissan Versa SV. It has a part number of 2591A-5UD0A. I am wandering what it take to do the upgrade without losing any of functions of the Nissan Versa and still gain more features like CarPlay/Android Auto.
You'll have to do some wiring job, not plug and play, also like we have said before, all functions would work except the steering wheel controls. I personally don't own a versa to make some tests, but as far as we know, there's no way around this (a guy used an arduino for his pathfinder, but he never replied to me)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry my friend, i didn't receive any email alerts that's why i didn't saw the message on time, do you still need help? If so send me a picture of the radio with the plugs connected to your car's wiring and i will tell you what might be wrong.
thank you very much friend I was able to make it work, I just need to connect the speed sensor cable do you know what that cable is?

·
Registered
132 Posts
thank you very much friend I was able to make it work, I just need to connect the speed sensor cable do you know what that cable is?
This radio doesn't use the speed sensor cable anymore. It's all through CAN-bus, so no need to connect it anywhere, you can either leave the cable where it is or cut it as it won't work for anything.

If you haven't done so, the 2 twisted wires on the radio (blue and pink) are CAN-bus, and those 2 cables can be connected to the CAN-bus of your instrument cluster (that's how i hook it up as it's easy to work with).

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi!
I am doing almost same thing... looking at your modified harness between old and new radio, could you tell me where you got those connectors?
Louis
Hello louis, sure, first i made sure the radio i buy comes with all the plugs required for it.

And then i buy the plug adapter for my car's wiring, you can usually find it for about 7 bucks on ebay, its the 20 pin main connector, the one that's for the speakers, voltage and lights.

Then here's the tricky part, for the secondary plug, the one that's for Microphone, camera, aux, you have to make sure what radio you have originally, either navigation or basic Bluetooth radio. And from that, i found the plug on ebay for 30 bucks the one that's for the oem navigation, but that's way too much, so as i always go to my local junkyard, lqk, on old versas 06-19 you can find those plugs on the passenger side. Same as the one for the basic radio.

And once you have the plugs required (4 in total, 2 connect to your car's current wiring, and the other 2 connect to your carplay/android auto radio) you'll be able to connect each wire.

the wiring harness diagram for each radio, has been shared by the people on this post, so if you need any help, you can reach me or anyone you'd like for further assistance.(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello louis, sure, first i made sure the radio i buy comes with all the plugs required for it.

And then i buy the plug adapter for my car's wiring, you can usually find it for about 7 bucks on ebay, its the 20 pin main connector, the one that's for the speakers, voltage and lights.

Then here's the tricky part, for the secondary plug, the one that's for Microphone, camera, aux, you have to make sure what radio you have originally, either navigation or basic Bluetooth radio. And from that, i found the plug on ebay for 30 bucks the one that's for the oem navigation, but that's way too much, so as i always go to my local junkyard, lqk, on old versas 06-19 you can find those plugs on the passenger side. Same as the one for the basic radio.

And once you have the plugs required (4 in total, 2 connect to your car's current wiring, and the other 2 connect to your carplay/android auto radio) you'll be able to connect each wire.

the wiring harness diagram for each radio, has been shared by the people on this post, so if you need any help, you can reach me or anyone you'd like for further assistance.(y)
Thank you for the information!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know some of us was having problems with CarPlay working once swapped. The issue being the USB port not apple to provide enough power. I purchased one of these and plugged it into one of the ports in the back and the data port that’s with the aux and CarPlay worked.
Data transfer cable Usb cable Product Font Cable

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you still making the conversation adapter pigtail from 2019 Sentra radio to fit a 2018 Sentra ??

Are you still making the conversation adapter pigtail from 2019 Sentra radio to fit a 2018 Sentra ??

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just an update for those with this radio.
As of now, this project is currently under test and will have a lot of trial-and-errors.

Some background info: since i got my navigation with built-in maps, i saw that some nissan vehicles have a module called (around view monitor) which basically has 4 cameras (front, rear, sides) and it displays it on the screen, and this allows you to have a better view while parking.
Heres a video explanation:

I've saw that it comes in multiple vehicles but most common are the juke, versa note, maxima. But it being an optional upgrade, not many cars got it. And buying the parts seem to be expensive if you don't know what you're exactly looking for.

I wanted to do it back in 2020, but saw the prices for module, cameras, mirrors, plugs, were more than what i was wiling to pay plus i was trying to work with the Carplay navigation (2591A-5UD0A)
So it thought it would just be a waste of money.

Long story short, i found out that LKQ pyp, got some nissan jukes (2015) on inventory and was local to me, and well i found everything i needed exept front camera. I ended up paying 50 bucks for the module, plugs, and 3 OEM cameras (mirrors and rear).
I decided to buy them because i knew that if they didn't work, at least i would be able to sell them as a bundle.

But good news for everyone in the sentra Community, Our carplay Navigation is able to show the 4 cameras plus back up camera on the screen. If i see people wanting to do this mod i will do a write up once i get everything working, with pinouts and everything related.
Television Output device Gadget Computer monitor accessory Flat panel display

Computer Personal computer Gadget Communication Device Vehicle

You can see the little nissan juke on there, but it doesn't bother me as long as i have 4 cameras🤑
As of now, the radio shows what the around view monitor would normally display, but it also displays the single back up camera (software bug) but good news is that the lines and the bottom message can be disabled on the engineering mode of the radio.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just an update for those with this radio.
As of now, this project is currently under test and will have a lot of trial-and-errors.

Some background info: since i got my navigation with built-in maps, i saw that some nissan vehicles have a module called (around view monitor) which basically has 4 cameras (front, rear, sides) and it displays it on the screen, and this allows you to have a better view while parking.
Heres a video explanation:

I've saw that it comes in multiple vehicles but most common are the juke, versa note, maxima. But it being an optional upgrade, not many cars got it. And buying the parts seem to be expensive if you don't know what you're exactly looking for.

I wanted to do it back in 2020, but saw the prices for module, cameras, mirrors, plugs, were more than what i was wiling to pay plus i was trying to work with the Carplay navigation (2591A-5UD0A)
So it thought it would just be a waste of money.

Long story short, i found out that LKQ pyp, got some nissan jukes (2015) on inventory and was local to me, and well i found everything i needed exept front camera. I ended up paying 50 bucks for the module, plugs, and 3 OEM cameras (mirrors and rear).
I decided to buy them because i knew that if they didn't work, at least i would be able to sell them as a bundle.

But good news for everyone in the sentra Community, Our carplay Navigation is able to show the 4 cameras plus back up camera on the screen. If i see people wanting to do this mod i will do a write up once i get everything working, with pinouts and everything related.
View attachment 102963
View attachment 102964
You can see the little nissan juke on there, but it doesn't bother me as long as i have 4 cameras🤑
As of now, the radio shows what the around view monitor would normally display, but it also displays the single back up camera (software bug) but good news is that the lines and the bottom message can be disabled on the engineering mode of the radio.
Update, i connected all 4 Cameras to test if everything worked fine, and it did.
Output device Computer Personal computer Tablet computer Flat panel display

I just need to make the wiring harness, remove the bug of the back up camera and then it will be all ready.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Update on the around view monitor (360 cameras) as you can see, I'm on the process of installing all 4 cameras, so far i have only made the wiring for 3 cameras, but in the process i connected the front camera wrongly (positive to neg and neg to positive) and it damaged the camera.

Anyway, here's how it looks like once installed in the sentra
Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Map

Plant Vehicle Mode of transport Motor vehicle Radio

Helmet Sports gear Motorcycle helmet Hood Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Car Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quick Update on the around view monitor (360 cameras).

Everything is done, as you can see, all 4 cameras are working, although i wasn't able to remove the backup camera lines on the radio, will keep digging till i find a solution, but hey at least it works 🤑

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Satellite radio

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Plant Vehicle audio

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Automotive parking light

While i was working on it, i also retrofitted the paddle Shifters for the sentra, although it only works for sentras Sr turbo and Nismo because it comes from factory with manual mode (but on the Shifter itself instead of the steering wheel)
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Speedometer White

·
Registered
132 Posts
If anyone is interested, i got some of the newer style USB Ports for the Carplay navs that I've collected
The prices are 50 shipped to the us, and the one with some shell damage 30, shipping to anywhere in the US. They come with the plugs and if you need help wiring them up, i will have some wiring diagrams for you.
Computer data storage Data storage device Rectangle Wood Musical instrument accessory
Circuit component Grey Cable Gadget Font
Material property Gadget Electronic device Electronic engineering Rectangle
Circuit component Electrical wiring Hardware programmer Cable Wire stripper

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please tell me you're not the dude on TikTok that cut the camera wires... Turn off the lines in secret menu... Hold down menu button turn volume knob 7 clicks right then 7 clicks left

Quick Update on the around view monitor (360 cameras).

Everything is done, as you can see, all 4 cameras are working, although i wasn't able to remove the backup camera lines on the radio, will keep digging till i find a solution, but hey at least it works 🤑

View attachment 103036
View attachment 103035
View attachment 103033
View attachment 103034

While i was working on it, i also retrofitted the paddle Shifters for the sentra, although it only works for sentras Sr turbo and Nismo because it comes from factory with manual mode (but on the Shifter itself instead of the steering wheel)
View attachment 103037

201 - 220 of 234 Posts