The Nissan Club banner
221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Please tell me you're not the dude on TikTok that cut the camera wires... Turn off the lines in secret menu... Hold down menu button turn volume knob 7 clicks right then 7 clicks left
I don't know who you're comparing me to but thank god i don't use tiktok.

And i upgraded my Carplay nav to the built-in nav and carplay for my around cameras to work.

I hope that answers your question.
Steering part Vehicle Motor vehicle Radio Satellite radio

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I was just wondering if you are still making the harness for installing the CarPlay radio(2591A5UD0A) into a 32 pin car? I have a 2018 nismo Sentra with Nav that is the 32 pin head unit. I would just want a harness to plug and play the new CarPlay radio. I don’t need the aux to work, and I’m unsure about the CAN wiring. I wouldn’t want to solder or splice anything, I think this does work but you don’t get all of the features without the CAN wires? What I saw was the dimming of the radio doesn’t work without CAN, does that mean it is full brightness when driving at night? Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello! I was just wondering if you are still making the harness for installing the CarPlay radio(2591A5UD0A) into a 32 pin car? I have a 2018 nismo Sentra with Nav that is the 32 pin head unit. I would just want a harness to plug and play the new CarPlay radio. I don’t need the aux to work, and I’m unsure about the CAN wiring. I wouldn’t want to solder or splice anything, I think this does work but you don’t get all of the features without the CAN wires? What I saw was the dimming of the radio doesn’t work without CAN, does that mean it is full brightness when driving at night? Thanks!
You see, the navigation radios already have the can wires and aux already into 1 connector so that's why is cheaper to make the navi to carplay adapter than the basic radio to carplay.

Without can, your radio lights will still auto dim, but the display won't, and it wouldn't automatically switch to night mode, you can still do it manually with the button that's on the side.
Also the radio won't be able to know at what speed you're traveling and it won't know at what angle your wheels are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You see, the navigation radios already have the can wires and aux already into 1 connector so that's why is cheaper to make the navi to carplay adapter than the basic radio to carplay.

Without can, your radio lights will still auto dim, but the display won't, and it wouldn't automatically switch to night mode, you can still do it manually with the button that's on the side.
Also the radio won't be able to know at what speed you're traveling and it won't know at what angle your wheels are.
Oh ok, that makes more sense. Does that mean that Navi to CarPlay is fully plug and play with CAN? No additional wiring required? And are you still able make the Navi to CarPlay adapter if I wanted one? Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh ok, that makes more sense. Does that mean that Navi to CarPlay is fully plug and play with CAN? No additional wiring required? And are you still able make the Navi to CarPlay adapter if I wanted one? Thanks!
You still need the adapter, but its cheaper to make the custom harness because it requires less plugs, the navi has 24 pins on the secondary connector and 20 on the main connector.

The wiring harness are always available

·
Registered
Nissan Sentra 2015 SV
2 Posts
Hi im opening this thread up again. @Renepena I have a 2015 sentra SV with Bluetooth nontouch and wanted to do the carplay retrofit. After getting the harness (possibly from you) and a usb port from a 2019, as well as the carplay unit, is there no way for absolutely no way to get steering wheel to function to work? My instument cluster is the old one

Office equipment Machine Auto part Cable Font

Plant Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Speedometer Vehicle Trip computer Odometer

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi im opening this thread up again. @Renepena I have a 2015 sentra SV with Bluetooth nontouch and wanted to do the carplay retrofit. After getting the harness (possibly from you) and a usb port from a 2019, as well as the carplay unit, is there no way for absolutely no way to get steering wheel to function to work? My instument cluster is the old one

View attachment 103562
View attachment 103561 View attachment 103563
So far, from all the 2019+ carplay radios from the different nissan models only the versa & Nv200 carplay radios have clusters that aren't digital.
I used to have a NV200 radio and when i connected it to my car, it will display the radio stations on the cluster but when i used my steering wheel controls they didn't work so I'm guessing the NV200 radio might work with your sentra, but since i got rif of my 14 sentra a while before getting the radio, i wasn't able to test if the radio worked with the old analog steering wheel signals.

Other than that, there's no way to get steering wheel controls on old sentras Unless you do a full cluster retrofit, definitely not plug and play unless you swap the dash harness. By that time unless you know how to disassemble your dashboard and have a local junkyard, it would be cost effective to do the conversion.

·
Registered
132 Posts

View attachment 103562
View attachment 103561 View attachment 103563
I know the different nissan radios because i actually got the time to test a bunch of OEM nissan carplay radios, some which have also built-in maps & carplay so i know the pros and cons of each but almost all nissans share the same steering wheel, cluster & CAN Protocol.

Also all other Radios except for the 2591A5UD0A the one on the Sentras, versas & NV200 (being the sentra only with digital steering controls) require a module Called CAN Gateway, which basically gets all the CAN signals from all different modules of the car and translates them for the radio to work.

Here's my daily, a 2019 Rogue radio with custom bezel for the sentra, i ended up using it because of the fact that my sentra is the only one with factory Around view cameras and needed a radio programmed for them to work and also because of the Built-in navigation and CD player, ended up using the can gateway so it could auto dim and other functions limited because of no can communication.
Vehicle Car Satellite radio Steering part Radio

Then a Kicks radio
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle audio

Then a nissan leaf with carplay and built-in maps, this is the closest one similar to the sentra radio because it has the same pinouts and signals for it to work. And the display is bigger and with some trim modifications it will fit on the sentra.
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Then i got a 2021 sentra and altima radio, they both are the same thing only thing it changes is the antenna plug on the back. There's no point showing a pic of both radios.
Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device Flat panel display Audio equipment

I tested more radios but never took a picture of them as i didn't really did any major testing with them.

Fun fact, all 2591A and 25915, 2019+ radios have swappable motherboards all functions will work, only thing is that if you test the front screen of a sentra radio into any other motherboard the buttons will have a different function, and if tested with a kicks motherboard, it will also mirror the touch screen. Really fun to try as all motherboards have the exact same connectors and LCDs and touch screens are swappable between the sentra and rogue radios. Thank me later if you ever break your screen and you can't find parts to fix it, just buy a rogue carplay radio and you'll have your parts😉

·
Registered
Nissan Sentra 2015 SV
2 Posts
So far, from all the 2019+ carplay radios from the different nissan models only the versa & Nv200 carplay radios have clusters that aren't digital.
I used to have a NV200 radio and when i connected it to my car, it will display the radio stations on the cluster but when i used my steering wheel controls they didn't work so I'm guessing the NV200 radio might work with your sentra, but since i got rif of my 14 sentra a while before getting the radio, i wasn't able to test if the radio worked with the old analog steering wheel signals.

Other than that, there's no way to get steering wheel controls on old sentras Unless you do a full cluster retrofit, definitely not plug and play unless you swap the dash harness. By that time unless you know how to disassemble your dashboard and have a local junkyard, it would be cost effective to do the conversion.
Ahh understood. I guess ill go the Android tablet way, since controls can get mapped through those units. As much as i like the stock look, steering wheel functions are a deal breaker

·
Registered
132 Posts
Okay so for everyone willing to do this retrofit i'm trying to make things clear in one post as many people seem like they don't read previous posts (skip) or they have a problem that HAS been resolved before.

"NOTE" For this fixes/retrofit, NOBODY is responsible if you Damage Your car, WE Are not Responsible or liable for any damages it may occur, We have posted all wirings so if you ever decide to do it you can take it to a professional.
If you want to try, proceed at YOUR own risk.

Let's review the FAQ's and Answers:

1) Can this radio be Retrofitted on older sentras b17 (13-15)?

• Absolutely yes, only thing is that you wouldn't have steering wheel controls since these 2019 radios use the face-lift cluster on b17.5 (16-19) sentras to receive steering control signals (digital) A.K.A M-CAN-TRM. They're located on Pin 22, 23, 42, 43 (4 total) on 40 pin plug.

2. Is there a way to have the steering wheel controls functional on (13-15) sentras?
• Unfortunately as of now, you're welcome to try either a NV200 or versa carplay radio as those don't have digital cluster and we believe it works on resistances as the older sentras. But nobody has confirmed it works so proceed at your cost.

3. Does this radio require programming/Code?
• As far as the U.S. Models, they do not require any codes or programming to be fully functional, they seem to be plug and play once you got the harness done.

4. My Backup camera doesn't work and all my wiring is good, what could it be?
• On older nissan radios, you only had ground, 12v all times and 12v Accessory.
However, on 19+ carplay Radios it has an extra pin Labeled as Ignition (pin 17), this might be confusing for most and you might have decided to leave it disconnected because you're unsure, however it acts as another kind of accessory pin that receives 12v when you turn on the car, without that wire connected you will lose backup camera. Connect it to pin 7 (accessory) on main '20 pin plug, See pic for better understanding.
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Pattern

5. My lights don't work, what could it be?
• Did you check the wiring is good?
Did you check for blown fuses?
Check with a multimeter if you're receiving 12v To pin 58 on 40 Pin plug.
Check if your ground dimmer is connected at
Pin 9 on 20 Pin main plug.

6. My Radio Lights work, However my display doesn't auto dim at night, what's happening 😱?

. • You don't have your CAN Network connected to the radio, on 40 Pin plug, you have pin 21 and 41, Which is labeled as CAN High and Low, without this, your radio cannot communicate with your BCM and cannot receive signals. Either you or have a professional connect those wires to your CAN network.
Side note, You'll also notice that you wouldn't have trajectory lines on backup camera without the CAN wires connected.

7. My microphone doesn't work, why?
• either you did a wrong connection on the 40 Pin plug, pins 39, 40, 51, 59 or you have to upgrade your mic as some sentras use a low quality microphone.

8. Carplay doesn't work on my iPhone but Android auto does, help?
• As we have seen before, some people are lucky to get them working, but most of them don't, and you're either required to upgrade the USB Port at your center console for the 2019 ones or buy an adapter harness called usb Female to dual Male and should look like this. You connect one side to the center console usb and the other to an external usb power supply (cigarette lighter for example).
Data transfer cable Usb cable Cable Technology Composite material

We recommend buying a Carplay radio that has all plugs on it, not only for the fact that you have the plugs and they're exactly made for that radio, but because you'll need the antenna plug for the new radio as older antenna plugs wont fit your new radio.

10. I don't see the wiring diagrams, where can i find them?
• you can see the wiring diagram here for the 2019 carplay radio, it also applies for other nissan 2019+ Carplay radios.
This wiring diagram is viewed from the backside of the connectors where you see the wires.
Font Material property Pattern Parallel Number

Font Material property Pattern Parallel Grille

11. I don't want to do all this work, is there a place i can buy A plug and play harness?
• Absolutely, i Can make those harnesses for you, currently available from basic Bluetooth nontouch radio to Carplay & Bluetooth Touchscreen Navigation to Carplay radio.
I can also sell you the radio and harness all together (including the antenna plug) as a bundle. Making the harness can take from 2 weeks to a month and will be shipped with USPS priority. U.S. Only.

12. Whats the part number and wwhere can i find it for cheap?
• part Number is 2591A5UD0A, you can find it on offer up, ebay (sometimes on ebay auctions), and your local junkyards for cheap, you just need to keep looking on those sites and hope for the best.

13. What's your opinion, is it worth the money and effort rretrofitting it?
• Lets see, if you're going for the factory look and complete functionality of the car's accessories yes it is.
Also if you're handy rewiring your car/making custom harnesses Absolutely.

Overall the radio is good, looks good with factory finish but sometimes it has Lags, bugs where you have to manually connect Bluetooth or enable audio streaming even Bluetooth is connected. Android auto sometimes cuts off sound for a brief second, and sometimes it will randomly reboot out of nowhere for any apparent reason. Note My radio is not the problem, i have tested many radios even from different nissan models even sentras that come with carplay radios from factory, but all carplay radios show the same symptoms so its a defect from factory.

If you have any other questions not listed here but not already answered before, let me know.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts