The Nissan Club banner
241 - 260 of 262 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
oh damn, thats cheap as hell! Im surprised you were able to find one so cheap. Thanks a ton.

There doesnt seem to be a picture of the rear ports on it. Are you sure it will still work? I just wanna make sure before i take a leap of faith here.
Yeah its the same, just see the front of the radio, is exactly the same as the one i bought, you can also see at the end the rogue that has the around view cameras.

· Registered
8 Posts
Yeah its the same, just see the front of the radio, is exactly the same as the one i bought, you can also see at the end the rogue that has the around view cameras.
Alrighty.

I read through the forum you sent earlier but i just cant really seem to grasp my head around it. Such as whether or not i need adapters or different plugs for all this to work. I might have it installed by my friend whos better at this than me but id still like to know and see if i can try it out myself first.

· Registered
144 Posts
Alrighty.

I read through the forum you sent earlier but i just cant really seem to grasp my head around it. Such as whether or not i need adapters or different plugs for all this to work. I might have it installed by my friend whos better at this than me but id still like to know and see if i can try it out myself first.
You'll need at least the 40 pin connector, all others can be reused, but a picture of the current radio you got could be helpful

· Registered
8 Posts
You'll need at least the 40 pin connector, all others can be reused, but a picture of the current radio you got could be helpful
As it is fairly late and it is hard to get a good picture of it. I ended up finding a picture of it online which represents the back of it pretty well. It has the same ports as the one on my current stereo

· Registered
21 Posts
what's up friend @Renepena
your 360 vision project is incredible, I thought it would not be possible in a sentra/versa bosch radio since they do not have the "camera" button so I would like to know if you can tell me which module to buy and which vehicles do you think it is possible
here in mexico there are not many nissan juke
only kicks, which is the closest thing.
I also had the doubt of the same bosch radio, when I activate the reverse camera the image is distorted and takes time to clear
do i have to buy a stepdown from 12v to 6v?
thanks for your help and sorry for the translation by google

· Registered
144 Posts
what's up friend @Renepena
your 360 vision project is incredible, I thought it would not be possible in a sentra/versa bosch radio since they do not have the "camera" button so I would like to know if you can tell me which module to buy and which vehicles do you think it is possible
here in mexico there are not many nissan juke
only kicks, which is the closest thing.
I also had the doubt of the same bosch radio, when I activate the reverse camera the image is distorted and takes time to clear
do i have to buy a stepdown from 12v to 6v?
thanks for your help and sorry for the translation by google
Hello there, if you need help in Spanish lmk.

The module i used is from a 2012 nissan juke, the part number is 284A1-BV83A. As far as i know this is the only module that works with the sentra because of some type of can configuration.

I've tried the 19 Rogue and 2018 Kicks Around view modules, and when you press the camera button they do work and show image, what doesn't work is when you put the car in reverse, nothing happens and you won't get a backup image. Unsure what other nissans got around view monitor but as far as i know the juke one is the only that works with no problems, as you may know the juke shares the same engine with the sentra Sr turbo & nismo so i believe that's why there's that compatibility there.

Also I'm not sure what you mean to buy a stepdown from 12v to 6v, the around view module is powered by 12V but the same module does the work and sends all of the 4 cameras 6v.

· Registered
21 Posts
[/COTIZAR]
thanks friend @Renepena I see that the module you use was for a juke nismo and here in Mexico it is almost impossible to get it the ones I have most at hand with infinity, kicks and pathfinder do you think they work? And regarding the voltage, my doubt is because the camera is distorted My camera is the original one that works at 6v but it gets distorted at times and I don't know if it's because the stereo emits more than 6v. and finally Do you have the diagram of the reverse camera of a clarion bts33? it is the one that brings the nissan kicks 2018

· Registered
144 Posts
[/COTIZAR]
thanks friend @Renepena I see that the module you use was for a juke nismo and here in Mexico it is almost impossible to get it the ones I have most at hand with infinity, kicks and pathfinder do you think they work? And regarding the voltage, my doubt is because the camera is distorted My camera is the original one that works at 6v but it gets distorted at times and I don't know if it's because the stereo emits more than 6v. and finally Do you have the diagram of the reverse camera of a clarion bts33? it is the one that brings the nissan kicks 2018
Well the module Wasn't from a juke nismo, it was from a regular juke 2012.

also like i said kicks will work but you wouldn't have the backup screen on radio and haven't tried a pathfinder but most likely it might be the same story. As for infiniti, its pretty much a pain to remove the around view modules from them as some are under the seats so i don't really bother looking for it. I don't what you to buy parts only for you to realize they don't work.

The one i can guarantee that works is the around module from the nissan juke as that's the one I've got and it's been working with no problems for 7 months.

For the camera distorted, pretty much if it was a voltage issue it wouldn't work and if you put 12v into the factory cameras they just blow up and stop working. Pretty sure the video wires are backwards try to switch the 2 cables around and pretty sure you'll get a clear image.

· Registered
Nissan Pulsar c13
3 Posts
First of all, hello everyone. I registred myself here to get some more experience and also because i faced the wall a little. I was searching some data about DIY installation of AVM and Navi in place of non-navi radio. I was wondering why you have no problems with secure lock green and red and got to know here that US radios have no locking when placed in another car. Exactlly opposite is in Europe. The problem of locking can be resolved by can emulators. I was testing lcn2kai headunit. I have avm from juke, and from pulsar. And radio that was used with 360 camera system. The seller told me that that this set is working. I tested it in home and navi works fine but it totally doesn't react when pushing camera button. I thought maybe it needs to be connected with avm. I connected and again nothing. When pushing camera button or giving reverse signal. I have all pinout correctlly. Moreover i have original wire harness that i bought cheaplly. I saw in one post that You Renepena easilly receive blank 360 birdeye screen, i resume, without avm connected? I can't figure out why nothing happened in my headunit. I know from factory workshop that fuction of can gateway is provided by bcm. Can this be tied? I need to be tested in car? In home avm and navi were connected via AV-CAN-H and L. I tested navi in car. Everything work. Navigation works, radio works, cd works, bluetooth, phone, switches from steering wheel work too. Everything, except camera system.
My first plan was to get 360 cameras work with factory navi. And then to try get navi from US with android auto. And today i found your 2019 sentra headunit project. This navi seems to have exactlly the same dimensions as lcn2kai and the only problem i see was the double prediction lines. Do you think that camera screen issue can be because of secure lock in my headunit? I read in some UK nissan forums that camera doesn't work when secure lock appears.

Any sugestion will be helpfull i guess.

Sorry for my english, its not my base language i use.

· Registered
144 Posts
First of all, hello everyone. I registred myself here to get some more experience and also because i faced the wall a little. I was searching some data about DIY installation of AVM and Navi in place of non-navi radio. I was wondering why you have no problems with secure lock green and red and got to know here that US radios have no locking when placed in another car. Exactlly opposite is in Europe. The problem of locking can be resolved by can emulators. I was testing lcn2kai headunit. I have avm from juke, and from pulsar. And radio that was used with 360 camera system. The seller told me that that this set is working. I tested it in home and navi works fine but it totally doesn't react when pushing camera button. I thought maybe it needs to be connected with avm. I connected and again nothing. When pushing camera button or giving reverse signal. I have all pinout correctlly. Moreover i have original wire harness that i bought cheaplly. I saw in one post that You Renepena easilly receive blank 360 birdeye screen, i resume, without avm connected? I can't figure out why nothing happened in my headunit. I know from factory workshop that fuction of can gateway is provided by bcm. Can this be tied? I need to be tested in car? In home avm and navi were connected via AV-CAN-H and L. I tested navi in car. Everything work. Navigation works, radio works, cd works, bluetooth, phone, switches from steering wheel work too. Everything, except camera system.
My first plan was to get 360 cameras work with factory navi. And then to try get navi from US with android auto. And today i found your 2019 sentra headunit project. This navi seems to have exactlly the same dimensions as lcn2kai and the only problem i see was the double prediction lines. Do you think that camera screen issue can be because of secure lock in my headunit? I read in some UK nissan forums that camera doesn't work when secure lock appears.

Any sugestion will be helpfull i guess.

Sorry for my english, its not my base language i use.
Hello there, I'm aware that outside the US, there's a lock on radios, I've only Seen "Red lock" pretty much the safest way to fix that is that once you have all the wiring up, take the car to the dealership and as to reprogram the keys, in this process the radio will pair automatically.

With the around view module, what you've said, looks like you're trying to retrofit it and wasn't there from factory. What i know is that you may need a rogue AVM because of the can signals sent by the TCM.
But regardless you can test if the juke avm works after you do the appropriate wiring. So i think i know why it might not be working, you have to connect the (main) CAN wiries of the radio to the CAN wires of the avm and then see if it'll work. You got a 50/50 chance, because if not you'll need a 6CH CAN Gateway so it translates the CAN signals. On my sentra i know my rogue/qashqai radio works fine with it not having a can gateway, i can simply connect the AVM CAN to the Radio CAN and when i press the camera button it will work automatically.

But in my case since I'm trying to retrofit driving aids on my sentra that never came with, i got every module from a car that had driving aids. So what i found on that is that there's a 6CH CAN Gateway that pretty much receives can signals from different modules and then translates those signals so the modules can understand each other. So in this Case the gateway has signals coming from the radio and signals coming from the driving aids modules and AVM.

I'll see if i can make a video for you so you can understand what I'm talking about in case that wasn't clear.

· Registered
Nissan Pulsar c13
3 Posts
Grades in Europe are visia, acenta, acenta+, and tekna. I have acenta grade with keyless and auto pack. In my CAN harness are 4 can wires conected to radio - 2 communication H & L and two termination H & L, dont know what does it mean), by data line connector it goes to/from combination metter, steering wheel angle sensor and BCM and other devices. And there is also 2nd degree CAN loop/circuit which starts from BCM and ends in BCM. With this second loop i found that BCM works as CAN gateway. In my car It connects Auto HVAC controller and distance sensor. In tekna grade with avm & navi it's additionally split for avm and navi. So my BCM in this 2nd CAN line connects two devices (HVAC controller, distance sensor). In tekna four (HVAC, distance sensor, navi, avm). Till now i tested navi in car with 4 CAN wires connected, speakers, ignition, baterry and ground. I didn't connect speed, illumination, dimmer, reverse signal, mic, aux and usb. I didn't connect too AV CAN H & L in this second loop/ circuit affraid of locking navi to red. I heard that in Europe it checks immo and vin and if data doesn't match it block navi permanently. Don't know what is difference between secure lock green and red level. In home I connected AVM and Navi with AV-CAN-H & L, and camera image signal, and shield. Also connected to both battery voltage, ignition, ground and reverse. Navi works in car and in home. As i wrote speakers are ok, navigation with connected gps ant. works, phone by bluetooth works - i have additional mic same as in car. I didnt check usb and aux. AVM feeds camera with 6V - i connected in home front camera - 6V, cam signal, ground and shield with avm according to wiring diagram. Try to pop out camera image by put reverse signal to avm and navi, tried by push camera button. Nothing happened. I wonder maybe it works when not only avm is connected to navi but also with BCM, and additionally speed signal, steering angle...
In workshop manual in section troubleshots there is dtc U1000 "Control Unit (CAN)"->the Around view monitor system does not operate"

Maybe without connection with BCM (as CAN gateway) it won't work when only navi and avm are tied.
I forgot, i have not TCM. I have manual transmission. It takes signal from sensor under car, gives it to ipdm, and ipdm route it to reverse/back lamps and to navi and avm.

· Registered
144 Posts
Grades in Europe are visia, acenta, acenta+, and tekna. I have acenta grade with keyless and auto pack. In my CAN harness are 4 can wires conected to radio - 2 communication H & L and two termination H & L, dont know what does it mean), by data line connector it goes to/from combination metter, steering wheel angle sensor and BCM and other devices. And there is also 2nd degree CAN loop/circuit which starts from BCM and ends in BCM. With this second loop i found that BCM works as CAN gateway. In my car It connects Auto HVAC controller and distance sensor. In tekna grade with avm & navi it's additionally split for avm and navi. So my BCM in this 2nd CAN line connects two devices (HVAC controller, distance sensor). In tekna four (HVAC, distance sensor, navi, avm). Till now i tested navi in car with 4 CAN wires connected, speakers, ignition, baterry and ground. I didn't connect speed, illumination, dimmer, reverse signal, mic, aux and usb. I didn't connect too AV CAN H & L in this second loop/ circuit affraid of locking navi to red. I heard that in Europe it checks immo and vin and if data doesn't match it block navi permanently. Don't know what is difference between secure lock green and red level. In home I connected AVM and Navi with AV-CAN-H & L, and camera image signal, and shield. Also connected to both battery voltage, ignition, ground and reverse. Navi works in car and in home. As i wrote speakers are ok, navigation with connected gps ant. works, phone by bluetooth works - i have additional mic same as in car. I didnt check usb and aux. AVM feeds camera with 6V - i connected in home front camera - 6V, cam signal, ground and shield with avm according to wiring diagram. Try to pop out camera image by put reverse signal to avm and navi, tried by push camera button. Nothing happened. I wonder maybe it works when not only avm is connected to navi but also with BCM, and additionally speed signal, steering angle...
In workshop manual in section troubleshots there is dtc U1000 "Control Unit (CAN)"->the Around view monitor system does not operate"

Maybe without connection with BCM (as CAN gateway) it won't work when only navi and avm are tied.
I forgot, i have not TCM. I have manual transmission. It takes signal from sensor under car, gives it to ipdm, and ipdm route it to reverse/back lamps and to navi and avm.
Sounds interesting to be honest, if you can, send me a PM with the pictures of your car's wiring harness, the old and new radio you're dealing with and a picture of the AVM so i can help you out better.

For my understanding there's a way around the RED screen, I'll try look for it to see if i can find it

· Registered
Nissan Pulsar c13
3 Posts
Ok. But i need to prepare wiring diagram and i'll send PM. It's based on qashqai/rogue sport. Many connections are exactly the same, but there is some difference. It was very hard two find out for me because there is no factory workshop for nissam pulsar c13 available.

· Registered
21 Posts
well friend @Renepena , I finally sold my 2012 nissan versa and I wanted to upgrade to a 2021 sentra only that this time it was the sense (basic) and it comes with a visteon brand stereo (I had never heard of it) What I want to know is if the bosch AIVIL42P0 radio has the same connections as the other bosch and if you have the diagram of that radio you saw thanks for your support and forgive my english i know google

Attachments

· Registered
144 Posts
well friend @Renepena , I finally sold my 2012 nissan versa and I wanted to upgrade to a 2021 sentra only that this time it was the sense (basic) and it comes with a visteon brand stereo (I had never heard of it) What I want to know is if the bosch AIVIL42P0 radio has the same connections as the other bosch and if you have the diagram of that radio you saw thanks for your support and forgive my english i know google
I haven't seen those radios before, and i have the wiring schematics for a 2021 sentra but it only shows the basic touch screen one and the carplay, so I'm not sure how that radio works neither its diagrams, i would recommend you to remove the radio and send a pic of the back as well a pic of the connectors to see if we can color match or something.

· Registered
21 Posts
I haven't seen those radios before, and i have the wiring schematics for a 2021 sentra but it only shows the basic touch screen one and the carplay, so I'm not sure how that radio works neither its diagrams, i would recommend you to remove the radio and send a pic of the back as well a pic of the connectors to see if we can color match or something.
This is the harness that I bring from the factory, it seems that the 20-pin only has speakers, negative and positive, but not accessories, because if only the 20-pin is left connected, the stereo does not turn on and if the 32-pin is connected, it turns on normally. What is very difficult for me is that all the CAN BUS are almost the same color and looking on the internet it seems that this radio does not exist

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
@Renepena

I have already been investigating a little more and I even turned on my bosch stereo with a power source from a pc and your diagrams but the new nissan sentra, altima and frontier no longer use the ACC cables, reverse signal, lighting, or in their harnesses camera activation pin 7 now they are controlled from those 6 can bus cables Do you have any diagrams or do you know the position of those cables in my stereo? I can't even activate the reverse camera on the Bosch stereo, I did it with my versa, which still had a Bosch stereo can't even force reverse I leave you photos of the harnesses of a radio that I found on ebay and the link

Attachments

241 - 260 of 262 Posts