The Nissan Club banner
21 - 40 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
The grey plug is for the FM/AM radio antenna, you can just sand the connector from your actual radio until it fits. For the brown connector, on the sentras it isn't used, only the black connector, you already have it, and then you just need the 40 pin connector and you'll be good to go.

Also the pink plug is only for siriusXM, if your current radio, doesn't have it, then don't worry about the antenna.

Also keep in mind, with the Carplay radio you're working with both types of CAN, CAN-BUS (receives ECU data And light dimmer data), CAN-CONVENIENCE (for the information on cluster as well steering wheel commands.
Ooh wow! Thats so great to hear! That's basically all the plugs then. :) Ok but with the carplay situation, does it automatically work or will it require anything extra? Then again, ehhh I dont really have to have it, but if it's something easy then hey. Because with the radio i 'thought' i was getting earlier, didnt have carplay anyway so hey. I'm just asking because being that the radio that I do already have, it has carplay capability, then why not? but if it's going to be a pain, then i'll be just fine without it lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
That would be it basically, plug and play, you jusy need to figure out about the antenna but other than that plug and play
Hey thanks for helping me figure all of this out & I really appreciate it. My last question is, would you happen to know if the wires on the 40pin connector are color-coded to match the ones on the 32pin? For example, would the red wire on the 40pin connector splice into and have the same function as the red wire on the 32pin?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey thanks for helping me figure all of this out & I really appreciate it. My last question is, would you happen to know if the wires on the 40pin connector are color-coded to match the ones on the 32pin? For example, would the red wire on the 40pin connector splice into and have the same function as the red wire on the 32pin?
Most of them are, but not everything, you'll be able to color match microphone, steering wheel commands and camera only, the 12V in for lights and camera activation are different color coded, the same for the AUX, and you have 100% to run 2 CAN high and low wires from the cluster to the radio, remember to be careful with those because you can fry everything if you don't do it properly (yes car wont start and you'll Most likely damage your ecu, happened with a friend of mind)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Most of them are, but not everything, you'll be able to color match microphone, steering wheel commands and camera only, the 12V in for lights and camera activation are different color coded, the same for the AUX, and you have 100% to run 2 CAN high and low wires from the cluster to the radio, remember to be careful with those because you can fry everything if you don't do it properly (yes car wont start and you'll Most likely damage your ecu, happened with a friend of mind)
I'm afraid i dont really understand.. You completely lost me after 12V. What is 12V? I know the V stands for volts but does that mean a certain color wire is 12V or? smh I don't want to mess up my car for this, so if it's not asking too much would you mind helping me with the colors? I'd even be more than willing to pay you for your time and help. Like i will upload a couple pictures of the wiring on my 32pin connecter and a couple from the 40pin connector. Would you mind showing me where each wire connects?

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Okay so basically there's 2-3 wires (don't remember exactly how many) that need 12v to turn on the lights and for the backup camera you need 2 12V positive and 1 negative, when you put your car on reverse it only provides x1 12v wire and with the Carplay radio you need x2, so you have to connect 1 of those 2 12v wires to ACC and 1 to the car's 12v on reverse. Please on the 12 pin plug from the Carplay radio don't try to color match the brown wires because on your original radio brown is ground bu with the Carplay radio brown is connected to ACC, don't ask me how i know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fun fact: if you have the wiring for the sentra carplay radio, you can use other nissan carplay radio model, for example the nissan Juke radio and rogue radio that have. Carplay would work with the wiring.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fun fact: if you have the wiring for the sentra carplay radio, you can use other nissan carplay radio model, for example the nissan Juke radio and rogue radio that have. Carplay would work with the wiring.
View attachment 102340
View attachment 102341
Yea that's not the same radio that came with my car. i guess i have the standard one that doesnt come with carplay or touchscreen. does this make a difference in whether or not i'll have carplay or the rearview camera even if the wiring is a success? i think because your car came equipped already with carplay and probably have different wiring/plugs than i have on the basic radio. hmm i may just need you to make me one of those things you have pictured with the plugs on each ends of the wires if you have one available. how much would it cost? i'll only need one that connects my 32 pin connector to the 40pin connector. that'll save me the risk of messing with the wiring altogether. i'll provide you with photos of the basic radio that i have and let me know if you'll be able to make the "plug and wire" things for the one that i have.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea that's not the same radio that came with my car. i guess i have the standard one that doesnt come with carplay or touchscreen. does this make a difference in whether or not i'll have carplay or the rearview camera even if the wiring is a success? i think because your car came equipped already with carplay and probably have different wiring/plugs than i have on the basic radio. hmm i may just need you to make me one of those things you have pictured with the plugs on each ends of the wires if you have one available. how much would it cost? i'll only need one that connects my 32 pin connector to the 40pin connector. that'll save me the risk of messing with the wiring altogether. i'll provide you with photos of the basic radio that i have and let me know if you'll be able to make the "plug and wire" things for the one that i have.
And Carplay only some radios have it, it's not like all radios do or the car needs a module, that's why you need to upgrade your radio to have Carplay

·
Registered
88 Posts
And the wiring costs 35+shipping

And it's not possible to make a plug from the 32pin to the 40 pin, because you need to connect the aux that is a separated plug on your radio but in the carplay radio it goes to the 40 pin plug
And you also need to connect 2 wires from the main 12pin plug to the 40 pin. But if you don't care about lights, aux and 12v for camera activation, then yes it can be done

·
Registered
61 Posts
And the wiring costs 35+shipping

And it's not possible to make a plug from the 32pin to the 40 pin, because you need to connect the aux that is a separated plug on your radio but in the carplay radio it goes to the 40 pin plug
And you also need to connect 2 wires from the main 12pin plug to the 40 pin. But if you don't care about lights, aux and 12v for camera activation, then yes it can be done
Wow so you did have the same radio as me! I thought that was your radio in the previous photo. & What got yours to work? Did you configure everything yourself because I want to do exactly what you did. & did you have to create that 'plug and wire' thing to make it work or was there anything extra? Also, which one is the main 12pin plug? From the photo, the 'plug and wire' thing at the bottom i dont see a socket on the carplay radio that fits that small plug. The other photo looks like plug and play

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
The one on the bottom of the 40 pin is the 12 pin,
And i just made the wiring harness for it to plug directly onto the car's original wiring, there wasn't anything extra other than the antenna but i used a dremmel knockoff to sand it down

And as you can see i installed another carplay radio on my other sentra today to test if everything is working , everything with the wiring is OK, the only thing not working seems to be the touch screen

I get 4 to 5 each month of those radios because i work at a junkyard and i always get those radios before the car is put on the inventory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The one on the bottom of the 40 pin is the 12 pin,
And i just made the wiring harness for it to plug directly onto the car's original wiring, there wasn't anything extra other than the antenna but i used a dremmel knockoff to sand it down

And as you can see i installed another carplay radio on my other sentra today to test if everything is working , everything with the wiring is OK, the only thing not working seems to be the touch screen
View attachment 102353

I get 4 to 5 each month of those radios because i work at a junkyard and i always get those radios before the car is put on the inventory.
Wooww, now that looks nice!! :) I was hoping you'd say it was plug and play. So why cant i just purchase the wiring harness from you? that would be so much easier. And you mentioned that the touchscreen on the one you just installed doesnt work, do you know if it's because of the radio itself or because of a malfunction in the wiring? Was the touchscreen working before you installed it? I'm asking because the one you previously installed (on the sentra before this one) did indeed have touchscreen and the rearview camera working. & with the radio i have, everytime i plug it into my car, (with the exception of not having the radio plug or the 40pin plug) evrything works expect the AM/FM stations was fuzzy (like that's ALL you could hear was static) and i had no rearview camera pop up when i reverse, and i dont really remember if my stering wheel controls worked but i assume they did, im not really sure. But i definately had touchscreen and bluetooth working. i would feel alot safer with the wiring harness thing. would you mind making me one? If so, would you be able to test it on a radio to make sure everything works before you ship it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wooww, now that looks nice!! :) I was hoping you'd say it was plug and play. So why cant i just purchase the wiring harness from you? that would be so much easier. And you mentioned that the touchscreen on the one you just installed doesnt work, do you know if it's because of the radio itself or because of a malfunction in the wiring? Was the touchscreen working before you installed it? I'm asking because the one you previously installed (on the sentra before this one) did indeed have touchscreen and the rearview camera working. & with the radio i have, everytime i plug it into my car, (with the exception of not having the radio plug or the 40pin plug) evrything works expect the AM/FM stations was fuzzy (like that's ALL you could hear was static) and i had no rearview camera pop up when i reverse, and i dont really remember if my stering wheel controls worked but i assume they did, im not really sure. But i definately had touchscreen and bluetooth working. i would feel alot safer with the wiring harness thing. would you mind making me one? If so, would you be able to test it on a radio to make sure everything works before you ship it?
Yes you can buy one from me, and the radio itself has a problem with the touch. I found that the radio is water damage (car got on fire) but yea i can test the wiring

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes you can buy one from me, and the radio itself has a problem with the touch. I found that the radio is water damage (car got on fire) but yea i can test the wiring
Oh wow, lol yea i kinda figured something was wrong with the radio. Because if you can wire and re-wire a 2019 harness (at will), i figured you have to know what you're doing to make it a success every time and not to mention your experience with trial and error. I need to buy one from you asap. Would you happen to have one already made or would you need time to make one? is there a website or a link to follow? Please don't tell me you have to use cash app or venmo or one of those apps where buyers go out on a limb.:LOL: & No I'm not assuming you're a scammer over 35 bucks lol but i've had my share of schemes done and it really sucks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh wow, lol yea i kinda figured something was wrong with the radio. Because if you can wire and re-wire a 2019 harness (at will), i figured you have to know what you're doing to make it a success every time and not to mention your experience with trial and error. I need to buy one from you asap. Would you happen to have one already made or would you need time to make one? is there a website or a link to follow? Please don't tell me you have to use cash app or venmo or one of those apps where buyers go out on a limb.:LOL: & No I'm not assuming you're a scammer over 35 bucks lol but i've had my share of schemes done and it really sucks.
I have them almost ready i have 3 of them but i haven't had any luck finding the plug for the aux , but I'll go tomorrow and maybe i find it, if not then you'll have to wait for a little bit. And i use paypal, just pm me

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have them almost ready i have 3 of them but i haven't had any luck finding the plug for the aux , but I'll go tomorrow and maybe i find it, if not then you'll have to wait for a little bit. And i use paypal, just pm me
Ok, will do. and what exactly does the aux do again? i may/ may not need it

21 - 40 of 178 Posts