The Nissan Club banner
41 - 60 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
i dont see a plug for this on the radio so I'm guessing it goes into the wiring harness somewhere i dont know but if you say i need it then hey, ok i dont mind waiting. did you want me to PM you about the link still or did you want me to wait for you to find the cord?

That is the aux plug

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lol ooh wow! Lol so that's the aux? Lol ok so being that the carplay radio doesnt have a aux plug or a jack for that auxiliry cord, where would i connect it? also i could help you look for one if you want. i dont mind. i'm kinda good at this part. If you could use my help finding a particular piece, just let me know the name and/or part number

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol ooh wow! Lol so that's the aux? Lol ok so being that the carplay radio doesnt have a aux plug or a jack for that auxiliry cord, where would i connect it? also i could help you look for one if you want. i dont mind. i'm kinda good at this part. If you could use my help finding a particular piece, just let me know the name and/or part number
The Carplay radio has the wires for the aux, you don't physically connect your aux behind your radio, on the center console you'll see the aux port, but the wires from that port go behind the radio

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Carplay radio has the wires for the aux, you don't physically connect your aux behind your radio, on the center console you'll see the aux port, but the wires from that port go behind the radio
Ooh ok that does make sense. i got it. and would i still need to modify the grey radio plug to fit or do you think it'd be easier to modify the grey connector on the back of the radio? you mentioned earlier that you had to cut or sand the grey plug to make it fit

·
Registered
83 Posts
You have to modify it to fit, if you attempt to modify the grey plug on the radio, it will require to disassemble the whole radio so you can make it work, but if you damage something, there's no going back

·
Registered
61 Posts
You have to modify it to fit, if you attempt to modify the grey plug on the radio, it will require to disassemble the whole radio so you can make it work, but if you damage something, there's no going back
yea i agree, i don't think not having the radio is worth risking everything else. I thought the little piece on the side was blocking it from fitting into the radio so i've already clipped it off but it still doesn't fit. it's still larger than the plug on the carplay radio. I'll have to sand one of the sides down as well. would you happen to know what you used to sand the part with and which side of the plug did you sand or did you have to sand both to make it fit? because if it's too much i'd just rather skip it. it's not like it'll affect anything else if this grey plug isn't connected, right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
yea i agree, i don't think not having the radio is worth risking everything else. I thought the little piece on the side was blocking it from fitting into the radio so i've already clipped it off but it still doesn't fit. it's still larger than the plug on the carplay radio. I'll have to sand one of the sides down as well. would you happen to know what you used to sand the part with and which side of the plug did you sand or did you have to sand both to make it fit? because if it's too much i'd just rather skip it. it's not like it'll affect anything else if this grey plug isn't connected, right?
I didn't have to do any of that because like i said i work at my local junkyard and i got them with all the plugs

·
Registered
61 Posts
I didn't have to do any of that because like i said i work at my local junkyard and i got them with all the plugs
View attachment 102360
That's the one that doesnt come with carplay. It already has all the plugs to fit the original wires except for the (40 pin connector which i now have) but I thought you told me my best bet was to get the carplay one. I mean i still could buy this version without carplay and just connect the same 40 pin wire to replace my original 32 pin. would i still need the wiring harness if i were to buy this one instead? Also could you sell me the grey plug that fits into the back of the carplay radio?

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's the one that doesnt come with carplay. It already has all the plugs to fit the original wires except for the (40 pin connector which i now have) but I thought you told me my best bet was to get the carplay one. I mean i still could buy this version without carplay and just connect the same 40 pin wire to replace my original 32 pin. would i still need the wiring harness if i were to buy this one instead?
🤦‍♂️ that's just an example of how i got them

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's the one that doesnt come with carplay. It already has all the plugs to fit the original wires except for the (40 pin connector which i now have) but I thought you told me my best bet was to get the carplay one. I mean i still could buy this version without carplay and just connect the same 40 pin wire to replace my original 32 pin. would i still need the wiring harness if i were to buy this one instead? Also could you sell me the grey plug that fits into the back of the carplay radio?
You do need the wiring for every radio you're upgrading

·
Registered
83 Posts
i may

ooh ok then yea i might as well just keep the carplay one. i thought it'd be something easier. but is anything else affected if i decide not to connect the grey plug?
You wouldn't have the AM/FM radio. It would only work aux, Bluetooth and XM if you have a subscription

·
Registered
61 Posts
You wouldn't have the AM/FM radio. It would only work aux, Bluetooth and XM if you have a subscription
ooh so i should be ok then. if everything else is fine then yea, i'll just have to suffice without the radio stations. no big deal but carplay and rearview camera is automatic with the wiring harness, correct?

·
Registered
61 Posts
aww man, but have you had any luck with the aux thing? you know, i dont mind helping you find one. is there a specific one you need or part number i could help you look
recieved in the mail today, all of the pieces for the radio. even the grey plug (which i dont believe i'll be using). but, hey would you happen to have a diagram or something i could go by as to where each wire would splice into? like which color on the 40pin would splice into the 32pin?

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
recieved in the mail today, all of the pieces for the radio. even the grey plug (which i dont believe i'll be using). but, hey would you happen to have a diagram or something i could go by as to where each wire would splice into? like which color on the 40pin would splice into the 32pin?
Unfortunately no, i don't have a diagram to do them, and like i modified my wiring from the basic Bluetooth to the built-in gps radio and from the gps radio to the carplay so i wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where they go, you can try to color match and hope for the best or wait until i find the plugs, and i can do the wiring if i physically have the radio to do the test and all of that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Unfortunately no, i don't have a diagram to do them, and like i modified my wiring from the basic Bluetooth to the built-in gps radio and from the gps radio to the carplay so i wouldn't be able to tell you exactly where they go, you can try to color match and hope for the best or wait until i find the plugs, and i can do the wiring if i physically have the radio to do the test and all of that.
yea i'm just going to wait. i wouldnt want to jeprodize anything if i were to mix the wrong wires. i was also thinking earlier if it'd be safer to test the splicing on an adapter that connects to my 32pin instead of splicing into my factory wiring, just incase i decide to ever sell the car somewhere down the line, i'd have to switch everything back to factory. hey i found a video earlier on youtube, its in spanish but you can see the thing he's using to connect the radio. he also has a ebay page that he's selling them. here's the video and ebay page in case you want to check it out:

·
Registered
83 Posts
yea i'm just going to wait. i wouldnt want to jeprodize anything if i were to mix the wrong wires. i was also thinking earlier if it'd be safer to test the splicing on an adapter that connects to my 32pin instead of splicing into my factory wiring, just incase i decide to ever sell the car somewhere down the line, i'd have to switch everything back to factory. hey i found a video earlier on youtube, its in spanish but you can see the thing he's using to connect the radio. he also has a ebay page that he's selling them. here's the video and ebay page in case you want to check it out:
Yes I've seen it but it's not worth the price he's asking for the wiring almost half of what the radio cost and that's only for the basic radio setup without carplay, i make the wiring for carplay radio economically and 100% tested and working.

41 - 60 of 168 Posts