The Nissan Club banner
61 - 80 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Also for those DIY people I'll be making an English and español video soon doing the wiring for the carplay radio so everyone can do it themselves, but keep in mind that it's at your own Risk and I'm not responsible if you damage your cluster or ECU because of an improper wiring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Also for those DIY people I'll be making an English and español video soon doing the wiring for the carplay radio so everyone can do it themselves, but keep in mind that it's at your own Risk and I'm not responsible if you damage your cluster or ECU because of an improper wiring.
ECU/CLUSTER or any other module, you may ask why? Simple. Because the carplay radio obligatory needs CAN-BUS to function hence it detects the speed signal, steering angle sensor, trip data, light dimmer throughout CAN-BUS, i believe it also supports radio diagnostic but not sure, don't have a high-class scanner

·
Registered
61 Posts
ooh ok yea i didn't know how much he was charging, but yea it looked too easy i thought it was kinda suspicious how he has a unit that doesnt suppose to exist. unless of course he works for nissan or made it himself. but i'm going to wait for you to let me know when you're ready. for now, i'll just put the other radio back in

·
Registered
61 Posts
ECU/CLUSTER or any other module, you may ask why? Simple. Because the carplay radio obligatory needs CAN-BUS to function hence it detects the speed signal, steering angle sensor, trip data, light dimmer throughout CAN-BUS, i believe it also supports radio diagnostic but not sure, don't have a high-class
will the radio not function without carplay? because i wasnt really plan on doing anything extra to have carplay unless it already came with the wiring harness. if not, and everything else works, i'll skip the carplay. in my opinion, bluetooth is far better than carplay anyway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ooh ok yea i didn't know how much he was charging, but yea it looked too easy i thought it was kinda suspicious how he has a unit that doesnt suppose to exist. unless of course he works for nissan or made it himself. bu
t i'm going to wait for you to let me know when you're ready. for now, i'll just put the other radio back in
Other markets have different radios, some sentras in Japan have physical knobs for A/C

Same with radios, the guy on the video i believe its from Mexico

·
Registered
83 Posts
will the radio not function without carplay? because i wasnt really plan on doing anything extra to have carplay unless it already came with the wiring harness. if not, and everything else works, i'll skip the carplay. in my opinion, bluetooth is far better than carplay anyway.
Carplay its built-in, even if you power the radio without the car, it will be able to show Carplay but again, to function properly the radio Needs CAN. If it doesn't need can then it would have been designed by the nissan engineers without CAN.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Carplay its built-in, even if you power the radio without the car, it will be able to show Carplay but again, to function properly the radio Needs CAN. If it doesn't need can then it would have been designed by the nissan engineers without CAN.
yea this guy is from mexico. & his car looks similar to the kind we have & i do kinda like the knobs a little better. but that basic radio has got to go. that must be the standard sentra because it doent even have the push button to start. man im glad i have the screen on mine.. but does the wiring harness that you assemble, does it already have the CAN thing on it for carplay to work by default, or are there any extra steps after installing the harness?

·
Registered
83 Posts
yea this guy is from mexico. & his car looks similar to the kind we have & i do kinda like the knobs a little better. but that basic radio has got to go. that must be the standard sentra because it doent even have the push button to start. man im glad i have the screen on mine.. but does the wiring harness that you assemble, does it already have the CAN thing on it for carplay to work by default, or are there any extra steps after installing the harness?
It has everything required, even the plug that goes behind cluster with CAN

·
Registered
61 Posts
It has everything required, even the plug that goes behind cluster with CAN
oh wow! so with this harness, are there any limitations at all? and also i'm glad the factory wires aren't touched so that i'm able to disconnect the harness and revert everything back to factory later on, if need be. so this is just perfect

·
Registered
83 Posts
oh wow! so with this harness, are there any limitations at all? and also i'm glad the factory wires aren't touched so that i'm able to disconnect the harness and revert everything back to factory later on, if need be. so this is just perfect
That I'm aware no, haven't had any problems so far. Also the carplay radio works better with the factory bose amp, has a more clear sound and base is good, radio works fine without it but for me i like it with the amp.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That I'm aware no, haven't had any problems so far. Also the carplay radio works better with the factory bose amp, has a more clear sound and base is good, radio works fine without it but for me i like it with the amp.
does the factory bose amp make the music louder or just clearer? & when you have the video up on youtube, will you be showing instructions on how to make the harness or?

·
Registered
83 Posts
does the factory bose amp make the music louder or just clearer? & when you have the video up on youtube, will you be showing instructions on how to make the harness or?
Both, and for the wiring a guide step by step modifying its wiring completely (plugs) and it will require the plugs for new radio, repair wires, heat shrink, solder iron, lead and having common sense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Both, and for the wiring a guide step by step modifying its wiring completely (plugs) and it will require the plugs for new radio, repair wires, heat shrink, solder iron, lead and having common sense.
Lol "common sense" yea and when they spam you with questions in the comment section, just send them the link to this post where they can see you've pretty much answered all questions they might have.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol "common sense" yea and when they spam you with questions in the comment section, just send them the link to this post where they can see you've pretty much answered all questions they might have.
It's not that hard you just have to be careful and have patience, if you want to rush it, then go ahead but then i hope they don't blame me for being imprudent.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's not that hard you just have to be careful and have patience, if you want to rush it, then go ahead but then i hope they don't blame me for being imprudent.
hey look what i found. i hope this can help make things a little easier

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey look what i found. i hope this can help make things a little easier
for the 20 pin and 40 pin diagram is for the 2019 carplay radio. the other 2 are for the sentra radio that most SVs some with. Like for anyone who wants to switch out the old radios for the carplay one, without guessing which wires go where, this will help guide them in the right direction. before you told me about the harness, i was ready to test my luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there! I have a 2016 Altima with Nav and I was planning on installing the nav HU from 2018 Altima as it has a better user interface and Carplay/Android Auto but it has a 40 pin connector and I believe my car has a 32 pin connector. Do you by any chance know if it will be possible to make a custom harness like the one you made for Sentra?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey there! I have a 2016 Altima with Nav and I was planning on installing the nav HU from 2018 Altima as it has a better user interface and Carplay/Android Auto but it has a 40 pin connector and I believe my car has a 32 pin connector. Do you by any chance know if it will be possible to make a custom harness like the one you made for Sentra?
To be honest it might be the same thing but because i don't have an Altima nor its carplay radio, i don't know for sure if it would work, i tested the wiring on a rogue carplay radio and everything worked except for the lights but it could either be a problem with the radio or it needs something else, not sure, i only guarantee that the wiring works with the sentra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To be honest it might be the same thing but because i don't have an Altima nor its carplay radio, i don't know for sure if it would work, i tested the wiring on a rogue carplay radio and everything worked except for the lights but it could either be a problem with the radio or it needs something else, not sure, i only guarantee that the wiring works with the sentra.
View attachment 102376
Thanks for replying. Would the wiring diagram for both radios help? The radios are almost identical and idk why Nissan had to change the connectors lol

61 - 80 of 168 Posts