The Nissan Club banner
101 - 120 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
The bosch radio that I have if it has carplay and if it was taken out of a 2019 versa crashed but if it seems that the cables of the steering wheel controls do not have the same positions
Here you go brother here's the wiring with detailed description of what the wires do.
Font Musical instrument Wood Audio equipment Office equipment

Product Font Bicycle part Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks friend, I hope you can tell us if everything worked well for you with that plug harness
UPDATE: As promised. Ok I received the harness yesterday and I have everything working. EXCEPT CarPlay. The harness is plug and play but the grey plug has to be modified if you want AM/FM as it will not fit into the back of the radio by itself. He guided me how to dissemble the grey plug piece and just connect the 2 wires from it into the back of the radio where the grey plug itself would have fit in. The Black wire that’s attached to the harness I don’t know what it does but I don’t think I need it. He told me to attach it to anything metal using tape or any removable adhesive that I could take it off later if I ever needed to. Again the grey plug only needs to be modified if you want AM/FM. You’ll only need a small screwdriver to dissemble it. He told me he will get CarPlay working but I’m not in a rush. I’m satisfied overall. But I will keep you guys posted if anything changes. or if/when i get CarPlay working
Handwriting Font Bag Material property Tints and shades
Audio equipment Vehicle audio Entertainment Plant Media player

·
Registered
88 Posts
UPDATE: As promised. Ok I received the harness yesterday and I have everything working. EXCEPT CarPlay. The harness is plug and play but the grey plug has to be modified if you want AM/FM as it will not fit into the back of the radio by itself. He guided me how to dissemble the grey plug piece and just connect the 2 wires from it into the back of the radio where the grey plug itself would have fit in. The Black wire that’s attached to the harness I don’t know what it does but I don’t think I need it. He told me to attach it to anything metal using tape or any removable adhesive that I could take it off later if I ever needed to. Again the grey plug only needs to be modified if you want AM/FM. You’ll only need a small screwdriver to dissemble it. He told me he will get CarPlay working but I’m not in a rush. I’m satisfied overall. But I will keep you guys posted if anything changes. or if/when i get CarPlay working
View attachment 102466 View attachment 102467
What do you mean carplay not working? Literally you don't even need the plug to make it work, it's Literally plug and play, and the harness doesn't seem to have the CAN-BUS wires that go to the speedometer that are required by the radio, remember, can bus is needed for trip data and it also sends signals with the angle sensor and speedometer, when your turn the lights, i know the radio lights turn on, but does it auto dim? If not then that's your answer why it needs can bus.

·
Registered
88 Posts
View attachment 102466 View attachment 102467
I'm not sure what are you doing or what is going on with the harness 😂.

I literally bench tested a radio and i just need a USB-type mini B to C and you guessed, carplay worked without the car or custom wiring harness so i don't know about it chief.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure what are you doing or what is going on with the harness 😂.

I literally bench tested a radio and i just need a USB-type mini B to C and you guessed, carplay worked without the car or custom wiring harness so i don't know about it chief.
yea he was telling me about some USB to get CarPlay working i just told him not to worry about it right now. i mean i dont know what wires he did or didnt put in there but if he's willing to help fix it then i guess its cool. (i'm not willing to wire or re-wire anything to have it) But i just wanted you guys to know how things were with it in case anyone was interested. so now i guess they'll make a decision. I mean you're a US seller for the harness, yours is a bit cheaper, & we know CarPlay is included with your wiring. i guess i gambled although im not too dissapointed. Hey is there any chance you could suggest whatever i might would need to get CarPlay working? (if it doesnt require any re-wiring) lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
yea he was telling me about some USB to get CarPlay working i just told him not to worry about it right now. i mean i dont know what wires he did or didnt put in there but if he's willing to help fix it then i guess its cool. (i'm not willing to wire or re-wire anything to have it) But i just wanted you guys to know how things were with it in case anyone was interested. so now i guess they'll make a decision. I mean you're a US seller for the harness, yours is a bit cheaper, & we know CarPlay is included with your wiring. i guess i gambled although im not too dissapointed. Hey is there any chance you could suggest whatever i might would need to get CarPlay working? (if it doesnt require any re-wiring) lol
Well you don't need anything other than connecting this from your car's original connector, when you connect your phone to the center console usb, what does it says?
Mode of transport Wood Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
61 Posts
i think i have that part connected. i may have to double check. is there a setting i could go on the radio to enable CarPlay or see if i have it? because the one i found from the main menu has CarPlay greyed out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey im going to check right now
Well that i know there's only one setting but it doesn't disable it, it is only a setting that allows you to auto lauch carplay or not when you connect the phone, but that im aware there's no option to disable it other than the radio wanting to disable it for some reason, maybe a faulty radio?

·
Registered
88 Posts
i think i have that part connected. i may have to double check. is there a setting i could go on the radio to enable CarPlay or see if i have it? because the one i found from the main menu has CarPlay greyed out.
Also if your radio doesn't auto dim when you turn on the lights then most likely you need to add the can wires and well now its up to the seller to fix that because otherwise the radio make a connection with the ECU/cluster/angle sensor/light module

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also if your radio doesn't auto dim when you turn on the lights then most likely you need to add the can wires and well now its up to the seller to fix that because otherwise the radio make a connection with the ECU/cluster/angle sensor/light module
And before anyone says it still works without the can wires, yes it still works but you'll have some lags/problems, but the question now is if you think you don't need them, then why did Nissan added them to begin with? I don't believe they added them just because they were playing around or just because they wanted, if it was designed with those wires it was for a specific reason.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well that i know there's only one setting but it doesn't disable it, it is only a setting that allows you to auto lauch carplay or not when you connect the phone, but that im aware there's no option to disable it other than the radio wanting to disable it for some reason, maybe a faulty radio?
Nothing happens when I plug my phone in it only vibrates and charges. And the radio didnt auto dim like you said. The trip settings are on the dash though. That’s about it. & yes CarPlay is grayed o
Hey im going to check right now
Audio equipment Automotive design Vehicle audio Automotive lighting Entertainment
Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Satellite radio Gadget Automotive design
Gadget Audio equipment Font Gas Electricity

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nothing happens when I plug my phone in it only vibrates and charges. And the radio didnt auto dim like you said. The trip settings are on the dash though. That’s about it. & yes CarPlay is grayed o

View attachment 102469 View attachment 102470 View attachment 102471
Yes it will show on the dash, remember i told you you need the cluster with the little sentra on the middle? Well because the radio accepts the signals digital, meaning that they come from the cluster, basically steering wheel-> cluster->radio, but those signals are only for steering wheel commands and radio music info on the display, nothing else, CAN-bus is separated like i said if auto dim doesn't work then you need can bus.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes it will show on the dash, remember i told you you need the cluster with the little sentra on the middle? Well because the radio accepts the signals digital, meaning that they come from the cluster, basically steering wheel-> cluster->radio, but those signals are only for steering wheel commands and radio music info on the display, nothing else, CAN-bus is separated like i said if auto dim doesn't work then you need can bus.
And also the ecu, steering angle sensor, cluster data, light module.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yea i dont think he included the CAN wires either because he did tell me the 4 things were included with this harness, in which he didn't mention CarPlay. Wow ok. and then i asked him about it after i installed the radio he said something about needing some type of usb i just wanted to wait because i was tired. but i'll message him today and see what he says. hopefully it doesnt require any re-wiring or i'll just have to live without it i guess. but to evryone that reads this, be informed lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea i dont think he included the CAN wires either because he did tell me the 4 things were included with this harness, in which he didn't mention CarPlay. Wow ok. and then i asked him about it after i installed the radio he said something about needing some type of usb i just wanted to wait because i was tired. but i'll message him today and see what he says. hopefully it doesnt require any re-wiring or i'll just have to live without it i guess. but to evryone that reads this, be informed lol
Ohp, well not sure what kind of paranormal things he does with his wiring harnesses because i also noticed the black wire coming out of it and ehh he could just have added it to the ground wire that goes to the radio but oh well and needing a additional usb? If it is actually another port you have to add, good look finding a spot for it and hopefully you don't have to drill any holes, remember sometimes you don't get exactly what you pay for.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another option is that maybe you have your phone set up only to charge? If its an android try to enable usb data, if its an iphone then i don't know.
This is how android auto looks like
View attachment 102472
Another option is that maybe you have your phone set up only to charge? If its an android try to enable usb data, if its an iphone then i don't know.
This is how android auto looks like
View attachment 102472
Aw i have a iphone. My screen looks nothing like that. lol. im connecting my phone through the iphone 11 charger. it isn't actually USB. It only works on iphone 11 with the Apple charger made for that specific cord. it's not the universal USB that Apple prevuiously used. or does that matter. If i try with an android phone with USB, will it make any difference because i thought CarPlay was only for Apple devices

·
Registered
88 Posts
Aw i have a iphone. My screen looks nothing like that. lol. im connecting my phone through the iphone 11 charger. it isn't actually USB. It only works on iphone 11 with the Apple charger made for that specific cord. it's not the universal USB that Apple prevuiously used. or does that matter. If i try with an android phone with USB, will it make any difference because i thought CarPlay was only for Apple devices
Try with an android device, the radio has Carplay & android auto, so if it works with android auto then you know what the issue is.

101 - 120 of 178 Posts