The Nissan Club banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here you go brother here's the wiring with detailed description of what the wires do.
View attachment 102461
View attachment 102462
Thanks friend for the detailed information, then I suppose it will not work because simply by connecting it the 20-pin harness only turns on and the horns work but the controls at the wheel do not, you know how I can do the conversion or modification to make them work and add the can bus ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
UPDATE: As promised. Ok I received the harness yesterday and I have everything working. EXCEPT CarPlay. The harness is plug and play but the grey plug has to be modified if you want AM/FM as it will not fit into the back of the radio by itself. He guided me how to dissemble the grey plug piece and just connect the 2 wires from it into the back of the radio where the grey plug itself would have fit in. The Black wire that’s attached to the harness I don’t know what it does but I don’t think I need it. He told me to attach it to anything metal using tape or any removable adhesive that I could take it off later if I ever needed to. Again the grey plug only needs to be modified if you want AM/FM. You’ll only need a small screwdriver to dissemble it. He told me he will get CarPlay working but I’m not in a rush. I’m satisfied overall. But I will keep you guys posted if anything changes. or if/when i get CarPlay working
View attachment 102466 View attachment 102467
How good that I have arrived friend, do you know if the camera and the controls at the wheel worked well? Is your seat the one with the screen on the speedometer?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks friend for the detailed information, then I suppose it will not work because simply by connecting it the 20-pin harness only turns on and the horns work but the controls at the wheel do not, you know how I can do the conversion or modification to make them work and add the can bus ?
You can still add can bus as those signals don't change between nissans, but with the steering wheel commands, if that didn't work, then most likely you wouldn't be able to make them work.
Why? Because on our sentras, the instrument cluster that we have is in charge to translate the steering wheel signals and it makes them digital for the radio.

Steering Wheel controls -> cluster -> radio
That i know, there's no versa with a full lcd on the cluster so yeah, but i think the radios for the versa us market are the only ones that maybe accept analogic steering wheel controls

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is how the finish product should look like
Wire Font Composite material Fashion accessory Electronics accessory

Circuit component Electronic component Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Cable

Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Electronic component Cable

Remember, this plug is for the basic Bluetooth,
no-touch screen radio to the carplay radio.

It has in total 4 plugs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
UPDATE: As promised. Ok I received the harness yesterday and I have everything working. EXCEPT CarPlay. The harness is plug and play but the grey plug has to be modified if you want AM/FM as it will not fit into the back of the radio by itself. He guided me how to dissemble the grey plug piece and just connect the 2 wires from it into the back of the radio where the grey plug itself would have fit in. The Black wire that’s attached to the harness I don’t know what it does but I don’t think I need it. He told me to attach it to anything metal using tape or any removable adhesive that I could take it off later if I ever needed to. Again the grey plug only needs to be modified if you want AM/FM. You’ll only need a small screwdriver to dissemble it. He told me he will get CarPlay working but I’m not in a rush. I’m satisfied overall. But I will keep you guys posted if anything changes. or if/when i get CarPlay working
View attachment 102466 View attachment 102467
See? There's nothing required for the carplay to work. Bench testing a rogue radio and carplay works without the car or wiring.

Output device Communication Device Electronic instrument Gadget Audio equipment

Output device Plant Gadget Font Display device

Line Asphalt Road surface Gas Electricity

·
Registered
61 Posts
See? There's nothing required for the carplay to work. Bench testing a rogue radio and carplay works without the car or wiring.

View attachment 102486
View attachment 102488
View attachment 102489
Wow so does this mean I do have a faulty radio? Because I talked to the guy Javier yesterday & he said that I have to switch my USB port (the one that’s under the arm rest) to the 2019 port and connect the phone through that with a apple USB instead of trying to connect using my USB-C with the car charger. Well I don’t have a regular Apple USB charger to test this but I’m kinda doubting that it’ll work. I don’t want to replace my aux/USB unit. That’s too much for me although it’s not rocket science or expensive fix, he said he’d guide me through it, but I’m not sure I want to do this. I know there is a easier way. If the radio is faulty, none of this will matter. Because what I do know is that I will not be buying another one lol. Besides I only paid 350-400$ for the radio I have & I know I’ve seen them for at least 600 or better. No way am I paying 600 just to have CarPlay lol

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow so does this mean I do have a faulty radio? Because I talked to the guy Javier yesterday & he said that I have to switch my USB port (the one that’s under the arm rest) to the 2019 port and connect the phone through that with a apple USB instead of trying to connect using my USB-C with the car charger. Well I don’t have a regular Apple USB charger to test this but I’m kinda doubting that it’ll work. I don’t want to replace my aux/USB unit. That’s too much for me although it’s not rocket science or expensive fix, he said he’d guide me through it, but I’m not sure I want to do this. I know there is a easier way. If the radio is faulty, none of this will matter. Because what I do know is that I will not be buying another one lol. Besides I only paid 350-400$ for the radio I have & I know I’ve seen them for at least 600 or better. No way am I paying 600 just to have CarPlay lol
Well i think he just want 🤑
Because there's no way you need the 2019 usb port and all of that crap, my friend uses an iphone 12 and it works fine with my 2017 sentra, so whatever is going on with your car is a mystery. But just buy one of those 99 store usb chargers for an iphone and try.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well i think he just want 🤑
Because there's no way you need the 2019 usb port and all of that crap, my friend uses an iphone 12 and it works fine with my 2017 sentra, so whatever is going on with your car is a mystery. But just buy one of those 99 store usb chargers for an iphone and try.
Yea I’m not buying it. I googled the aux port he was telling me about from the part number and it fits 2017 up to 2020 Sentra. Mine is 2018. He wasn’t getting the $$ from he told me to buy it because the one’s on the 2019 have more power for the CarPlay to run etc. & he said that I need a ginuine Apple cord with regular USB instead of USB-C. I’ll get a aftermarket charger tomorrow from the dollar store and Plug it into the one under the arm rest. I’ll let you know if anything change

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea I’m not buying it. I googled the aux port he was telling me about from the part number and it fits 2017 up to 2020 Sentra. Mine is 2018. He wasn’t getting the $$ from he told me to buy it because the one’s on the 2019 have more power for the CarPlay to run etc. & he said that I need a ginuine Apple cord with regular USB instead of USB-C. I’ll get a aftermarket charger tomorrow from the dollar store and Plug it into the one under the arm rest. I’ll let you know if anything change
Just to be curious, how much did he want for the "carplay port"

·
Registered
61 Posts
He didn’t want me to buy the port from him. He wanted me to buy one online & he was going to guide me as to how to install it & get CarPlay working. Oh & I found a ginuine Apple charger with USB and I plugged it into the port under the arm rest. Some message came up on the screen but It went away. It said something about carrier charges but CarPlay still doesn’t work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Hey if you still have the harness for sale, could you still sell it to Me? I figure hey it’ll be around the sane price that I’d pay for the USB port. And I wouldn’t have to bother any wires or modify anything factory

·
Registered
88 Posts
Like i said that wiring was for the radio i just sold on ebay, but if anyone knows where i can find the plug i showed before, i can gladly make the wiring for everyone who needs it, i thought that the one on the roof was the same, but it isn't.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Like i said that wiring was for the radio i just sold on ebay, but if anyone knows where i can find the plug i showed before, i can gladly make the wiring for everyone who needs it, i thought that the one on the roof was the same, but it isn't.
Ok so that harness was already sold. I didn’t know. & I don’t mind helping you find the cord if I knew what it was. Is it specific? Does it have a part number? Let me know more about it. I remember when I dragged and dropped it on google images it was a 80$ cord I just forgot the name of it. Where did you find that one @ so I may know where to look. & if I were to find the cord online, you’d pay for it? It wouldn’t make sense for me to buy it because I’d then have to ship it to you etc. and you told me last time you’d charge 30 something plus shipping for the harness once you found that right cord

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok so that harness was already sold. I didn’t know. & I don’t mind helping you find the cord if I knew what it was. Is it specific? Does it have a part number? Let me know more about it. I remember when I dragged and dropped it on google images it was a 80$ cord I just forgot the name of it. Where did you find that one @ so I may know where to look. & if I were to find the cord online, you’d pay for it? It wouldn’t make sense for me to buy it because I’d then have to ship it to you etc. and you told me last time you’d charge 30 something plus shipping for the harness once you found that right cord
Dishware Plastic Gas Sweetness Comfort food

Tableware Dishware Kitchen utensil Recipe Ingredient

·
Registered
88 Posts
What is this? I thought you needed a black aux cord? I think that piece is already originally came with the car. It plugs into the Panasonic radio. (If it’s the sane piece)
It is the same, but if you remove it, you most likely would ruin the radio, that plug to be honest i don't remember where i got it from, and that's why i wasn't able to make the plugs for the radio.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is the same, but if you remove it, you most likely would ruin the radio, that plug to be honest i don't remember where i got it from, and that's why i wasn't able to make the plugs for the radio.
What about the black aux cord? can that be used instead? & what would the plug connect to?

121 - 140 of 178 Posts