The Nissan Club banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
What do you mean?
When you were making the harness for me, you said that you were just waiting to find a aux cord (before you'd be done with it) and you sent me a picture of a black cord. that's why im confused about this white 8pin connector. So do you need this part and the black aux togerther or could you use either/or? Or do you no longer need the black aux cord?

·
Registered
88 Posts
When you were making the harness for me, you said that you were just waiting to find a aux cord (before you'd be done with it) and you sent me a picture of a black cord. that's why im confused about this white 8pin connector. So do you need this part and the black aux togerther or could you use either/or? Or do you no longer need the black aux cord?
Aux plug, not cord, i don't remember saying you needed a black aux cord.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe the black plug you are referring is for the usb and not aux.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes but i didn't send that pic, you can scroll through the messages and you'll see I've never sent that image.
My apologies. Ok so would I need this white plug instead of the aux? And does this plug act a converter for the 8 pin connector? Because there’s no plug on the back of the CarPlay radio for this plug

·
Registered
88 Posts
My apologies. Ok so would I need this white plug instead of the aux? And does this plug act a converter for the 8 pin connector? Because there’s no plug on the back of the CarPlay radio for this plug
Oh i think you're really lost, that plug is used so your car's aux port works (the one on the center console), without it, it won't work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh i think you're really lost, that plug is used so your car's aux port works (the one on the center console), without it, it won't work.
Is that plug required for CarPlay to work? If not, I don’t need it. I just want CarPlay to work I really don’t care about using the aux.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also on the center console I had my USB-C connected to my iPhone & it works fine just without CarPlay. I tried a regular USB charger in the plug under the arm rest it still didn’t work, although I did get a message that I didn’t get when I had the USB-C connected. The message said something about enabling CarPlay & carrier rates

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is that plug required for CarPlay to work? If not, I don’t need it. I just want CarPlay to work I really don’t care about using the aux.
Like i said and i want you to have it clear, you Don't need any extra wirings for the carplay to work, as you can see with the radios i bench tested, carplay works even without the car or anything related.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also on the center console I had my USB-C connected to my iPhone & it works fine just without CarPlay. I tried a regular USB charger in the plug under the arm rest it still didn’t work, although I did get a message that I didn’t get when I had the USB-C connected. The message said something about enabling CarPlay & carrier rates
The only thing i believe that is happening is either a bad radio or your phone. Like i said, if you can try with an android to see if android auto works if not then the radio is the problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The only thing i believe that is happening is either a bad radio or your phone. Like i said, if you can try with an android to see if android auto works if not then the radio is the problem.
Ok i’ll try the android auto and see how that works. If it doesn’t work then I know it’s a problem with the radio. I thought it was some type of CAN wires that he didn’t include in the harness he made. Because from looking at the one that you made, mines is missing about 4 plugs. And sone additional wiring. Also my phone is jailbroke on iOS 13.4.1.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Like i said and i want you to have it clear, you Don't need any extra wirings for the carplay to work, as you can see with the radios i bench tested, carplay works even without the car or anything related.
The plug that you had connected, that’s the one that I don’t have connected. I think that plug has something to do with it. & the plug connected was modified. But if you say it should still work with the plugs that i DO have connected, then it’s definitely a problem with the radio

·
Registered
88 Posts
The plug that you had connected, that’s the one that I don’t have connected. I think that plug has something to do with it. & the plug connected was modified. But if you say it should still work with the plugs that i DO have connected, then it’s definitely a problem with the radio
I don't really know what plugs we're talking about, send me a picture of the things you have connected on the radio.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The can wires are only for ecu/cluster/angle sensor and light module, other than that, you choose if you want them or not, like I've saying, the car is yours, the radio is yours, you decide if you want to follow factory specs or you want to just do whatever you want.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't really know what plugs we're talking about, send me a picture of the things you have connected on the radio.
Thanks for letting me know that the CarPlay should work with or without the additional plug. So here I have a picture of the Android Auto thing working. Im on my way now to get another pry tool so that I can pop the radio out and show you the back. It just confuses me that the Android stuff popped up right away & my phone is much better and newer than the android. Well since the problem isn’t the radio it’s probably the cord I used wasn’t Apple I’m not sure but I’ll be sure to get a genuine Apple cord today from a Target and see how that goes.

Attachments

141 - 160 of 178 Posts