The Nissan Club banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does that plug need to be connected/ modified for CarPlay to work?
Do you understand? That plug is only for auxiliary/aux/sound, Nothing to do with carplay. The missing wirings on the harness also don't have anything to do with carplay, the antenna Doesn't have anything to do with carplay.

The only and 1 thing that is needed for carplay to work is the black plug behind the radio that is For USB. That's it. Carplay is Built-in so you Don't need anything else for carplay to work.

You already tried with and Android and it worked, so if that worked then carplay should have worked too, but since it did not work for you, then is either a problem with your device or your usb cable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you understand? That plug is only for auxiliary/aux/sound, Nothing to do with carplay. The missing wirings on the harness also don't have anything to do with carplay, the antenna Doesn't have anything to do with carplay.

The only and 1 thing that is needed for carplay to work is the black plug behind the radio that is For USB. That's it. Carplay is Built-in so you Don't need anything else for carplay to work.

You already tried with and Android and it worked, so if that worked then carplay should have worked too, but since it did not work for you, then is either a problem with your device or your usb cable.
Oh wow! so yea, its more than likely the cord i'm using is defective then because i tried in my friend's car yesterday with his cord and once i connected my phone, CarPlay popped right up. he has a 2018 civic and he has a iPhone 12. I should have tried with his cord in my car, but i was in a rush. if i get a chance to try it with his cord today, or maybe stop by a Target and get my own, that'll be great. it's such a relief knowing that i dont have to do anything except plug that black plug behind the radio to get CarPlay. hey, & thanks for helping me understand everything. i really do appreciate it. this radio crap was giving me a headache :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh wow! so yea, its more than likely the cord i'm using is defective then because i tried in my friend's car yesterday with his cord and once i connected my phone, CarPlay popped right up. he has a 2018 civic and he has a iPhone 12. I should have tried with his cord in my car, but i was in a rush. if i get a chance to try it with his cord today, or maybe stop by a Target and get my own, that'll be great. it's such a relief knowing that i dont have to do anything except plug that black plug behind the radio to get CarPlay. hey, & thanks for helping me understand everything. i really do appreciate it. this radio crap was giving me a headache :ROFLMAO:
Did the steering wheel controls work well for you with the harness you bought?

·
Registered
10 Posts

I think the friend did not understand but here I send you photos of the USB / AUX interface
the carplay or android auto only needs the usb not the aux, the aux doesn't even work because the usb replaces it
Gadget Automotive lighting Font Auto part Metal
Adapter Cable Gadget Gas Wire

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did the steering wheel controls work well for you with the harness you bought?
yes the steering wheel controls did work as soon as i connected it. the only thing that doesnt seem to work is the CarPlay. i'm hoping it's because of the cord(s) i've been using because (they weren't Apple) my phone connected to a friend's CarPlay radio with no problem once i linked bluetooth to their car (their cord wasnt Apple either but it still worked) smh and they have a 2018 civic. & i do believe it's not my radio because Android Auto works just fine. i want to try it with a geniune Apple oem cord but still hasnt had any luck finding one. Target has none in stock and they cancelled my pickup order. i know if i was to order one online, it'll be 3-5 days before i can test it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yes the steering wheel controls did work as soon as i connected it. the only thing that doesnt seem to work is the CarPlay. i'm hoping it's because of the cord(s) i've been using because (they weren't Apple) my phone connected to a friend's CarPlay radio with no problem once i linked bluetooth to their car (their cord wasnt Apple either but it still worked) smh and they have a 2018 civic. & i do believe it's not my radio because Android Auto works just fine. i want to try it with a geniune Apple oem cord but still hasnt had any luck finding one. Target has none in stock and they cancelled my pickup order. i know if i was to order one online, it'll be 3-5 days before i can test it.
Try with your friend's charger then

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations man! Can you check and see if your CarPlay work? Because it looks like yours is grayed out like mines
Hey bud, there are 2 reasons why your Carplay is not working.

1. The simple reason can be the iPhone lightning cable you are using. Is it the original Apple cable or cheap aftermarket? Or is it in a rough condition? If the answer is yes to any of these questions then try using an original Apple cable.

2. If the cable is fine then you will most likely need to replace the USB/AUX input hub. Reason? There are many trim levels and if your car is a base model or a lower trim level then it is very likely that your USB port is not compatible with the new Carplay radio. The signal Apple Carplay needs cannot be passed through the USB hub you currently have. You will have to buy a USB/AUX hub from the top trim level (the one that comes with built-in Carplay) and then it should work. Watch the video in the link below and skip to 3:50 and you will understand what I mean (the car in the video is Altima but the concept is the same).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fun fact: if you have the wiring for the sentra carplay radio, you can use other nissan carplay radio model, for example the nissan Juke radio and rogue radio that have. Carplay would work with the wiring.
View attachment 102340
View attachment 102341
I have a 2016 Nissan Sentra I wanted to know will the screen for the 2019 Sentra with apple CarPlay work if I switch them? This is the screen I currently have

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a 2016 Nissan Sentra I wanted to know will the screen for the 2019 Sentra with apple CarPlay work if I switch them? This is the screen I currently have
It would work, but not plug and play, you need to retrofit it to your car.

all nissan radios that are different from the stock one need to be rewired/adapted/retrofitted in order for them to work. No nissan radio is plug and play unless you're replacing a faulty radio for the exact same model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It would work, but not plug and play, you need to retrofit it to your car.

all nissan radios that are different from the stock one need to be rewired/adapted/retrofitted in order for them to work. No nissan radio is plug and play unless you're replacing a faulty radio for the exact same model.
How do I do this brother? Thanks for helping

·
Registered
88 Posts
How do I do this brother? Thanks for helping
Well either buying a plug and play harness or splicing wires from your stock wiring to the new wiring of the carplay radio.
The wiring diagram for the basic Bluetooth and carplay radio are in the previous pages of this thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well either buying a plug and play harness or splicing wires from your stock wiring to the new wiring of the carplay radio.
The wiring diagram for the basic Bluetooth and carplay radio are in the previous pages of this thread.
Thanks u think if I go to Nissan directly they can do it

161 - 178 of 178 Posts