The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My paint had no swirlmarks before, but it had faded alot, so I decided to compound it. So yesterday, I compounded the whole car, and it looks perfect, shines like new, then I waxed it and it kicks ass, it's all shiny and shit. But I messed up two doors, the drivers side doors have so many swirlmarks, it looks like I forgot to take the wax off at night. Are there any ways to get them off? Maybe if I buff it again with some rubbing compound, but I don't wanna make it worse and take another coat of clearcoat off.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
you used rubbing compound on the whole car? what did it look like after that? Dull? I've never heard of anybody doing that unless they're painting.
There's swirl removers available. Just goto a car parts store.
Jay

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Not to darken anyone's day, but a while back I removed the pinstripes from my car, and my friend made the mistake of convincing me to use rubbing compound to clean up the adhesive. (WD-40 is your friend, by the way). So now I have swirl marks that run down either side of my car. And they've been there for months. Sucks to be me, eh? :mad:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ThurzNite said:
you used rubbing compound on the whole car? what did it look like after that? Dull? I've never heard of anybody doing that unless they're painting.
There's swirl removers available. Just goto a car parts store.
Jay
Most of the paint looks fine except the two doors that I messed up. The compound actually got rid of my old swirlmarks, and left everything shiny and smooth. But I messed up my drivers side doors somehow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
95_XE
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing