The Nissan Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Respect It or Check It!!!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i swap my engine with something that has a little bit more kick in it like another nissan. i have had my 93' for 2yrs and i want more power besides adding a new exhaust and intake.what else
can i add to it??:confused:

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
U might b able to swap ur engine out for tha SR20DET engine, and get ur factory ECu remapped, and ull b pushin 260 Horses, w/out other mods, i.e. CAI cams, cam shafts, headers, pulleys, exhaust, and other little thingz that can make a diff. Thaz tha engine that im tryin to get, ive bin tryin to get in contact with SR20 development for awhile there site is down, but i havent had time to call them. there site is www.SR20Development.com, and there # is 619 - 69 - Turbo. give them a call and ask them wha u can do. If u get in contact with them, tell them ur wondering if tha SR20DET AWD Engine will fit, cuz tha RWD wont. And tell me if it can.

·
*Bluebird Atessa Ltd*
98 Posts
i have the original sr20det 4wd bluebird/altima..its a very good engine. actually you can fit an SR20DET engine FWD version. We have all the versions here in australia of all the sr20det type..Try asking your Jap engine shops for a sr20det front wheel drive version..and when you installed it try fitting a traction controll..and WAck on a 100 Bhp on NOS...

·
Registered
6 Posts
do any of you know if it'll fit in a 2nd gen 98????

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
Fuzion_R, they dont make a SR20DET FWD version, wha u have to do is get a hold of tha AWD drive version, jus use tha FWD portion of it.

Spensbuc28, honestly i dont know, wha u can do is call SR20Development and see if tha engine will fit.

The reason for me thinkin that this engine will fit into tha alty, is that , az u prolly know that tha 240sx and altima have tha same exact engine, tha only diff. is that tha 240 is RWD and tha altima is FWD. and there is a 5 horsepower diff. btween them. But tha 240 engine wll fit into a SE or SE-R and tha SE-R engine will fit into tha 240, since tha 240 and altima have have tha same engine, so im thinkin why cant tha SER20DET engine fit into tha alty..

Oh and tha # for SR20Development is 619 - 69 - TURBO, and there site is: WWW.SR20Development.com

·
boosted
397 Posts
I heard a RWD engine won't fit in a FWD car because of distributor placement. Also the engine mounts don't match, and the FWD transmissions have different bolt patterns that won't line up with a RWD engine. I can be done, but that means a boatload of cash and a long wait. It's just much easier swaping in a FWD, transverse mounted engine into a FWD car. The same goes for RWD cars.

·
*Bluebird Atessa Ltd*
98 Posts
I dont know why the SR20DET FWD version dont fit in a 1st gen Alty. I use to own a 180sx (240SX) jap import with SR20DET RWD engine. They engine are exactly the same except its RWD and my Bluebird is 4WD. But in Japan they have the Silvias with SR20DET FWD versions. If I where you try and get hold of the SR20DE engine and Bolt on a turbo on it. LOts of people here in AUstralia with the Nissan Pulsar SSS (SE-R) with the SR20DE engine bolts on a Turbo and modified Cams and ECU and clutch to make 220HP instantly...

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
Ok...... ive bin tryin to tell u that, I KNOW A RWD ENGINE WIL NOT FIT INTO A FWD CAR !!!! I KNOW THIS. But wha im sayin is get a AWD engine, and bolt up tha tranny to tha engine, and ull b only usin tha front whell drive portion !!!!

And tha reason i dont buy a regular SR20DE Engine , and buy a turbo seperately is that why buy 2 diff. thingz for more when u can get tha SR20DET for $1400 from SR20Development ? If u jus buy that model, tha engine already comes wit all those mods done to it .

·
Respect It or Check It!!!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i can just go and get a SR20DET engine that already has everything on it and just drop it in my 1st gen. with no problem at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also check out HeavyThrottle.com

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
Aiight b4 ordering tha engine i would call SR20Development there # is 619 - 69 - turbo. Also u have to send ur computer from ur car to SR20, and they'll remap ur comp, and adjust everythin so that tha engine will work, cuz if u dont tha engine really wont work.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
the 240sx has the KA motor....go with sr21det......ALOTTA REWIRING.....and it costs about 5 grand......know someone who can do it......but the altimas engine code is different from the S-14's......the KA motor is for US and the SR21Det sylvias are for japan :(

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
FUZION_R said:
But in Japan they have the Silvias with SR20DET FWD versions.
since when? i thought all silvias were RWD???

·
180 Posts
anybody know if the SR20DET will pass emmissions? It's great if you drop in an SR20DET and make lots of power, but it's better if it can also be a daily driver.

·
Title beneath my name
173 Posts
uummm

from what i've read in the general discussion, the swap is pretty much impossible unless you have the money, because the KA is mounted differently in the altima so the SR doesn't bolt in as easily as it does with the 240SX, there has to be a lot of custom work done to make it fit, do a search in the general discussion board and you can get the exact info...i was thinking about it too, but it's too much money and time. hope this helps

·
U13 Drifter
548 Posts
is anyone even really sure how different the mounts are in the japanese sr20det bluebird? i wish i could see some pictures or blueprints or something, i wish i could know if the mounts are swappable...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts