The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2010 Nissan Altima with the BOSE system, I'm wanting to change the head unit but keep the Bose speakers and amp. I'm wondering if the Metra 70-7554 harness will allow me to retain the speakers and amp? And also i heard the amp and speakers are 2 ohm but the head unit i got (atoto a6) says the door speakers supported are 4 ohm and 8 ohm. Does that matter with this harness? Any help appreciated, don't know a whole lot about audio

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,937 Posts
That harness will allow you to use the factory harness for JUST power and audio. You will lose everything else, factory mic, reverse cam, sat radio, USB etc. Maybe that's all you want?

·
6,937 Posts
As for part two, as you are retaining the BOSE amp, you don't need to worry about the impedance of the factory speakers....the factory amp is designed to handle them. You are only feed line level audio to the factory amp...you won't actually be using any built in amplifer in the new head unit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats perfect thank you, and yeah i have the 7552 right now and it powers up and has reverse cam, usb and all that so im wondering if i keep that harness in and just use the rca cords that the 7554 comes with if I'd be good for everything?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just dont have audio right now so im hoping that the 7554 cords will help me with that and while im in there I'll see if everythings all wired up right

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know if there's a harness i can use to retain bose amp and speakers AND keep everything else?? Or do you think the 7552 harness with the 7554 rca wires would do that??

·
6,937 Posts
Just use the audio portion of the 7554 harness (white plug to RCAs)...you can ignore the power connector. Should be good to go!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect thats what i was thinking but wasn't sure... so do you think i should have the speaker wires hooked up or just amp??

·
6,937 Posts
You need the white/grey/purple green wires hooked up to transfer the 4 channels to the amp (LF/RF and LR/RR).

You may need to splice in the AMP_ON signal to make sure the BOSE amplifier powers up when you turn on your head unit. Not sure if that wire was part of the 7552 harness or not, you may need to remove a wire pigtail from the 7554 power connector and insert into the 7552 power connector.

·
6,937 Posts
Amp_ON should be the blue-white wire, seems to be present on both...should be in Pin#1 position.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats awesome thanks a lot man, also do you know anything about steering wheel controls for these cars? I seen you can get some axxess adapter for them but some people say you don't need it I'm just wondering if I'd need that or not

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone had told me before that if you have a factory amp, you dont have to splice the wires for your door speakers since the sound would be going from head unit to amp, then the amp would have wires to the speakers but I've never worked on anything with factory amp before

·
6,937 Posts
The above is correct...all you need is 7554...that sends the RCA line level outputs from your HU to the amp...the amp is already direct wired to the speakers in the car. No need to touch any speaker or add wire.

the AXXESS adapter is known to work, but may be overkill for some applications. Many newer HU's can 'learn' the controls, all you have to do is wire them up to the 'sense' wires coming from the HU. Our Alti's have two control wires...are fed a reference voltage by the OEM HU and return a fractional voltage depending on what switch has been pressed. You can fake this yourself with a little grey power...or just buy the AXXESS adapter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright thanks a lot man!! You've helped me a lot, I'll let you know if i have any more questions

·
6,937 Posts
Also would anything happen if i had the speakers wires spliced plus the amp wires?
Sounds like sh*t...and probably damage one or both of the amplifier and HU.

Feed the source signal to the amp and let it do its thing. Leave the rest alone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts