The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my nextel doesn't work well in my new apartment, contract is up, gonna get verizon...

I think I want a flip phone, ......any suggestions???

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
How do you use your cell phone? Do you want a camera? Do you want a music player?

Motorola V325
Motorola RAZR V3m
Motorola KRZR K1m

If you're going for reception alone, Motorolas or non-EVDO/non-rebranded Nokias are your best bet. If you find you'll be needing analog, don't look into any of the EVDO phones.

The Motorola V325 is a great bet if you need a basic camera phone, with good reception and analog capability.

There's a bunch of discontinued phones that are great if all you need is reception. The Motorola V260 or Motorola V65s are great bets if you need a phone with good reception and no camera. The discontinued Motorola E815 is one of Verizon's reception kings, especially if you need EVDO data speeds. If you don't need EVDO, you can try finding the rare Nokia 6256i.

If you want a music player, go with the LG VX8500 Chocolate or the LG VX8300. If you want to get the VX9800 and it's QWERTY keyboard for sending text messages, I'd wait. The slimmer, more professional looking VX9900 is coming soon, likely mid-November.

·
3498 cc
3,514 Posts
wait for the flip chocolate coming out soon... LG VX8600

·
2,446 Posts
I have the Moto E815 and the Q. Both very good phones obviously for two different purposes. For a good quality flip phone, the E815 is a very good phone, however a little bit on the bulky side. Would have probably went with the RAZR if it wasn't so played out.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the razr is played out....

I have a blackberry forwork through verizon, but for my personal i'd like a flip...

when is the chocolate flip coming out???

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
I'm waiting for something to come out of verizon for about two months now. My wife wants the pink razr, but I don't see any that I want (I like the razr, but there's at least 15 people in my church alone with that thing). I'm waiting to see the price of the KRZR K1m on places other than verizon online (I like amazon's prices better).

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
I don't get the whole "phone as a status symbol" thing ... I mean, I can afford the most expensive one out there, but why? It's just an appliance to me. Then again, I wouldn't say that about cars (despite the fact that I drive a Sentra :D), so I guess different strokes...

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
Creature said:
I don't get the whole "phone as a status symbol" thing ... I mean, I can afford the most expensive one out there, but why? It's just an appliance to me. Then again, I wouldn't say that about cars (despite the fact that I drive a Sentra :D), so I guess different strokes...
It's not as much as a status symbol as individualism. The same reason we mod the cars. I don't feel like modding a phone just to make it different, so I choose to get one that not everyone and their grandmother have as long as I like it.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
I just switched to verizon too. i miss my cingular already. Got the vx8300 and i like it, even tho i hate flip phones.

Amazon.com = usually free phone.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
I'll get the krzr or the flip chocolate as long as they are not expensive. Otherwise it's probably going to be the razr. I need a new phone and my wife is getting out of cingular since they are ftrying to force her to ditch her unlimited plan.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Verizon Service > *

Verizon Phones < *

Verizon Customer Service <<<<<<< *

I've been with verizon for 6 years and have seen with my own eyes the dramatic decrease in the quality of customer service. lately it has been improving but just 1-2 years ago, it was the worst I ever saw.

I'm still trying to get a new phone from verizon. if i go through them, then i have to renew my contract (which i don't want) but if i buy it online, it's like $200+. Decisions.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
mrose1120 said:
yea the razr is played out....

I have a blackberry forwork through verizon, but for my personal i'd like a flip...

when is the chocolate flip coming out???
The VX8600 should be out in time for the holidays. If not mid-November, then sometime in December.

Creature said:
The phones I mentioned are not the the most expensive out there. :)

Diesel Clown said:
looks like everything else out there. is the only thing special about it the mp3 thing? I heard there's a new 5.3 megapixel cameraphone coming out. Any truth to that?
Music player with A2DP Bluetooth support, expandable memory.. etc. 2.0MP camera though, which is the soon to be standard. The higher megapixel camera phones aren't readily available here. Verizon does offer a 3.2MP camera phone in the Samsung A990, which is pretty expensive.

dsuave624 said:
Verizon Service > *

Verizon Phones < *

Verizon Customer Service <<<<<<< *

I've been with verizon for 6 years and have seen with my own eyes the dramatic decrease in the quality of customer service. lately it has been improving but just 1-2 years ago, it was the worst I ever saw.

I'm still trying to get a new phone from verizon. if i go through them, then i have to renew my contract (which i don't want) but if i buy it online, it's like $200+. Decisions.
I've had no issues with service. My Motorola E815 serves me well. And when I need customer service, they always have given me great service.

If you don't want to renew your countract, you can't get a deep discount on a phone. Isn't it like that for most/all carriers?

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
I just switch carriers when I want a new phone and go for the 1-year contract. I had a Startec from suncom, replaced with a V600 from Tmobile and now it's going to be something else with, most likely, verizon.

I was going to get the E815 but when I made up my mind, verizon pulled it. :(

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
PsyKoh said:
I just switch carriers when I want a new phone and go for the 1-year contract. I had a Startec from suncom, replaced with a V600 from Tmobile and now it's going to be something else with, most likely, verizon.

I was going to get the E815 but when I made up my mind, verizon pulled it. :(
You can still get it direct from Motorola, $249.99 plus shipping. It's a great phone, probably the best overall.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
Ry said:
You can still get it direct from Motorola, $249.99 plus shipping. It's a great phone, probably the best overall.
It may be the best, but I sure as heck won't spend money on a new phone. The reason I move from carrier to carrier is to get them for free or even get paid. I made $50 when I moved to T-mobile. :bigok:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts