The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard about these sylvania silver star headlight bulbs that are i guess supposed to be better than most headlights out there. im sure its nowhere near HID, but has anyone tried them. i dont mean to offend anyone, but i dont want those gay blue headlights people have on their cars, i just want to see better. those SIlver Stars are $50 for a pair, are they worth it?

thanks
hesham

·
8,112 Posts
Yes they are worth it for brightness ppl say.

I just got some Eurolite's for my headlights and fog's. I'm never getting a different bulb. I've tried many bulbs and these are BY FAR the best bulb's I ever owned.

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
They're more like $40/pair and that makes them even more worth it. You have a 2nd gen, so you won't need an extra pair for your high beams. They're a lot better than stock headlight bulbs too

·
1,373 Posts
I just bought the sylverstars 2 weeks ago. They are awesome. They give off a great amount of light, and they have a nice bright white lighting to them. I paid $40 for the pair at autozone.

·
8,112 Posts
hesham1 said:
how much are eurolites and where can i get them?
On ebay they got ton's. For the eurolite fusion bulbs they run about $15. Seem's cheap but well worth it.

Here are some picture's of them on RY's friend's car. My car is in the shop so I cant get picture's. You can contact RY also cause I belive he is still selling eurolite's for 98-01 for $20 shipped. Picture's of course never do justice.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Darkstar1999 said:
I got a my sylvanias last week. Bought it a Pep Boys for 24.99 a piece. It works good. Nice bright white light.
Actually, at Autozone they are 19.99 one, and if you get a pair you get $10.00 back by mail coupon. So net-net comes to 14.99 one. Just ask the check-out person for the coupon.
H.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
in my car, silverstars look like any other crappy bulb, but thats cuz i have fogged p lenses. a buddy of mine with an 03 corolla just put some silverstars in his car, and they look great. i would def. recomend these bulbs to anyone with a 98+ or any 93-97 with new headlamp housings

·
Infantry leads the way!
2,061 Posts
Hmm do I have to go to the dealers to get new housings? Because my driver-side is fine but my pass. Is all foggy and shiot.

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Horatio said:
Actually, at Autozone they are 19.99 one, and if you get a pair you get $10.00 back by mail coupon. So net-net comes to 14.99 one. Just ask the check-out person for the coupon.
H.
Dammit, I bought mine a couple months ago and they didn't have any sort of promotion like that! :angry2:

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
you cant beat PIAA tho. i have the super whites in my car for over a year now and they are great. ihave used there warrenty to replace 2 bulbs. gotta love them they stand by there products

·
Registered
432 Posts
dee27kay said:
Dammit, I bought mine a couple months ago and they didn't have any sort of promotion like that! :angry2:
Hey Dee...
If you still have the UPC's and the receipt (I hope you put them on your CreditCard :D ) you have till June 30, 2003 to send them in, and it has no start date, so you can give it a try anyway.
Here's the coupon:
http://www.sylvania.com/auto/pdfs/coupon.pdf

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
Has anybody tried 110/100 Matrix lights? Is it the same brightness of those lights that say they only use 65/55 but the light comes out like 110/100 Watts ? is this just bull shit or what?

·
8,809 Posts
kudakev97SE said:
you cant beat PIAA tho. i have the super whites in my car for over a year now and they are great. ihave used there warrenty to replace 2 bulbs. gotta love them they stand by there products
as a former DIE HARD piaa customer, I will never switch back after trying silverstars. I had the PIAA Platinums in my Xterra about a year, then they both burned out, replaced them under warranty then sold the truck. Put PIAA Platinums in my altima the day I bought it, one of them burned out like 6 months later I replaced it, I then bought my silverstars and have never been happier. I compared the silverstar to the Piaa Platinum SIDE BY SIDE in a parking garage and it spread light further, wider and brighter. I will never buy another product from PIAA.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts