The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
no longer new
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got my avistart 3300 installed about a week ago, and today was the first schorcher...got to be like 92 degrees. im having a problem though, ill remote start it, and it will turn on, but like 5 or 10 seconds later it will die. the auto restart is turned on so it will just keep doing the same thing if i let it.

well i went into the diagnostics mode that tells you what caused the most recent shut down. i got 3 blinks...which is "Low or no RPM"

so what i think is happening is that when the air conditioner is at full blast on these hot days the rpms are fluctuating or something, enough to the point where the alarm will turn off for safety.

i tried doing the tach learn...where you turn the engine on and then press and hold the valet/program switch until the red light comes on steady, signaling that the tach signal has been learned...well ill sit there for 5 minutes and wait for a steady light without any success. btw...it seems the cut off point for low RPMs is 850-950

so anyone got any ideas/help/tips for me?
thanks!

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
153 Posts
I think you're gonna need to change the low rpm cut-off, because on altys, after 5 or 10 min(your problem) the revs drop to about 700. i'm not sure why, i think it just starts at 1500 or so to warm up the engine. watch it sometime, it starts off real loud w/ high rpms when you turn the car on, then a few minutes later, it'll get a lot quieter quickly, and the needle on the tach drops to between 600-800 rpms.

·
no longer new
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would like to think the problem is with the rpm cut off and not a short in the a/c system...so is changing the rpm cut off something i can do easily, or do i have to take it back out to the installer?

thanks

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
153 Posts
no idea bro. haven't gotten my starter installed yet. i would think that you would have to take it to have it done pro, unless it's a really high end system, b/c if it is, it should have some kind of user- control function that lets you screw w/ settings. if not, go pro. you should ask around tho, cuz that might not be the prob at all. just guessing.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
my alarm (viper 550) works fine on my altima, installed myself. but it can be changed. fine the installers guide for your alarm online and it should have somewhere that can be set for high or low rpm signals. my alarm has a jumper on it for high/low and it can also be set to go by system voltage if the tach doesn't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.